Pegasus Hobbies 1/48 V2

P-40

I recently finished this V2 in US markings. Pegasus Hobbies make some very nice and inexpensive models, their aircraft kits are fairly simple, they are aimed at the beginner/young person, but they are also fun quick builds. And only $10 or so.

Most of the photos aren't that great, someday I'll figure the camera out. My kitten, Sneaker usually leaves my models alone until I try to take pictures and then she thinks it's playtime. The photo reminded me of an old 50s B movie, Attack of the 50 foot kitten

Nice Brad! I like the paint scheme...............Black and White is always cool on kittiies. Oh yeah, and the rocket is cool too. :lol:

**Headline - Britain 1945**

"NAZI TERROR THREAT BOUGHT DOWN SINGLE PAWED BY SNEAKER!!"

Edited by Out2gtcha

Wow ..that is impressive.. Brian I don't understand the headlines from 1945 ... :(

Brad mentioned that his kitty "Sneaker" only comes out when he takes pics................

I just jokingly based my 1945 headline off of one of his pics

Pegasus_Hobbies_V2_04.jpg

Nice Brad! I like the paint scheme...............Black and White is always cool on kittiies. Oh yeah, and the rocket is cool too. :lol:

Thanks! Yeah, black-and-white has always been my favorite on kitties, dogs as well.
Love your avatar. A friend did a jigsaw puzzle for me of it, I then picked up a 1/48 B-25 off of eBay with those markings, planning on starting it after I finish the two 109's I'm painting right now. Not going to detail the cockpit or gunners areas since not much can be seen, plan on detailing the bombay and then put it on a base in the same pose as in the picture and then put it on a shelf below the jigsaw puzzle. Might also look for one of those wargame ships to see if they have a freighter and see if I can make it look like it's burning like in the picture.
Looked at some of the build links you have posted and was instantly intrigued by your B-25 and started reading that last night. Also quickly looked at your P-40 and loved it, best foiling job I've seen, really looked like a natural metal aircraft. I'm going to post a link to it on my forum. I picked up a jar of gold leaf foil adhesive to test that out with kitchen foil to see how it would work, I figured gold leaf is extremely thin and it always looks really smooth.

Thanks! Yeah, black-and-white has always been my favorite on kitties, dogs as well.
Love your avatar. A friend did a jigsaw puzzle for me of it, I then picked up a 1/48 B-25 off of eBay with those markings, planning on starting it after I finish the two 109's I'm painting right now. Not going to detail the cockpit or gunners areas since not much can be seen, plan on detailing the bombay and then put it on a base in the same pose as in the picture and then put it on a shelf below the jigsaw puzzle. Might also look for one of those wargame ships to see if they have a freighter and see if I can make it look like it's burning like in the picture.
Looked at some of the build links you have posted and was instantly intrigued by your B-25 and started reading that last night. Also quickly looked at your P-40 and loved it, best foiling job I've seen, really looked like a natural metal aircraft. I'm going to post a link to it on my forum. I picked up a jar of gold leaf foil adhesive to test that out with kitchen foil to see how it would work, I figured gold leaf is extremely thin and it always looks really smooth.

Thanks!

one of the issues I found with leaf adhesive is the tac. There is varying amounts of it depending on brand, and as the product is not really designed to tac a heavy material like super thick foil, it occasionally needs to be put on way thicker than you would with leaf, and it doesnt always dry like it should prior to application of the foil.

Personally Id just stick to the MS foil glue, as it is specifically designed for said purpose.

Off hand do you know where one could pic up a copy of that puzzle, "Raid on China China Coast"?

Thanks for the compliments guys, Pegasus Hobbies make some really good models, I have their 1/72 Purshing which is a real gem as well as their When Worlds Collide which is really nice.

A play on words?

This reminds me, I have a couple of Dragon 1:35 V-2 kits to get at,... one of these days. I get a kick out of the old 50's and 60's sci-fi movies that depict V-2's as rocket ships to Mars.

Thanks!

one of the issues I found with leaf adhesive is the tac. There is varying amounts of it depending on brand, and as the product is not really designed to tac a heavy material like super thick foil, it occasionally needs to be put on way thicker than you would with leaf, and it doesnt always dry like it should prior to application of the foil.

Personally Id just stick to the MS foil glue, as it is specifically designed for said purpose.

Off hand do you know where one could pic up a copy of that puzzle, "Raid on China China Coast"?

I'll have to order some Microscale adhesive. I was hoping the gold leaf adhesive would at least work for a small things like chrome trim around car windows, that way I'm just putting the adhesive where it's needed and the adhesive wouldn't get on the gloss paint.
I got my jigsaw puzzle at a local hobby shop a little over a year ago, I haven't seen another one there since. Don't know which online shops might have it, but here are some available on eBay.
It's kind of an odd size so there's no readily available frame that it fits in. I only three options I can think of our having a frame made for it which is expensive, cutting up a store-bought frame, or what I've done with some of my jigsaw puzzles and posters that are odd size is to get a store-bought frame just a little bit larger, then I flip the paper insert over that is in it and usually it has been a medium gray to very dark gray on the back, then I center the jigsaw puzzle/poster and use double-sided tape to hold it in place. If you are right up next to it, you can tell what's done, that if you step away a little bit, it's sort of looks like a matting.

A play on words?

No, just watching too much TV while I'm typing :-)
It is amazing how many of those early sci-fi movies based their rocket design off of the V2. They are also some of my favorite sci-fi movies. I have When Worlds Collides on DVD and just picked it up on paperback as well as the follow-up book, After Worlds Collides off of eBay.