Trumpeter TBM-3 Avenger

P Stoner

Looking today for a couple choices for the finished subject, and these are my top 3.

020-1.jpg

grumman-tbm-3-avenger-3-white-32-vc-97-h

Or fighting on the other side!

3_117.jpg

This one I'm not sure of! There is a F/A-18C painted like this and was curious if this would have been the subject they used for the Hornet! I have a Hornet preped and waiting for an idea to finish it, and this would be cool to do both up the same!!

TBM3_132.jpg

Just ideas I wanted to share, any feedback or other ideas welcomed!!

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Real like the Atlantic Anti Sub scheme. Something not seen every day.

Nice work on the Big Radial .. looks real good.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Edited by Peterpools

Nice work on the engine - its looking really authentic.

I like option 3 - but I'm a sucker for anything to do with Essex class carriers.

When I start mine I'll pobably finish it in the overall sea blue from the USS Intrepid in 1945. (Well at this stage any way......)

Saw these on ebay, not bad!

T2eC16FHJGwE9nySdSDBRQnw7EutQ60_57.jpg

T2eC16JHJH8E9qSEUiH0BRQnw9Bwyg60_3.jpg

KGrHqQOKocFE3q8QiBRQnSpb-g60_57.jpg

T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yGQUBRQnUCdu60_12.jpg

I'm thinking on saving the Atlantic scheme for when I build my TBF-1. Just visited Eduard's and was blow'n away by the PE thats available!! I hid allot of detail this kit offers by just pulling a panel or two off, it's nice to build it once OOB to get a feel for the kit!

Paul

Techmod make some very nice decals schemes for this kit too. I think they also come with canopy masks (?)

The Cape Gloucester a/c is something you dont see everyday. F4U's look good in that colour / markings combination too.

WOW ! Great work, my friend ! Really lovin' the engine ! Can't wait to see how the mask sets work out. I think I have one or two in my stash and a show on them would be great .........Harv :popcorn:

Working on the wings the last couple days and it's too bad I had to leave allot of detail hidden! The main gear is very simple and straight forward 4 parts counting the tiedown ring! I'm sure with the size and weight of this model, especially if a resin cockpit and PE is add, metal gear will more than likely be needed!

0034.jpg

0012-2.jpg

The one big recomendation concerning the wings are the photo etch wing braces at the wing fold joints. If you plan on having the wings folded you can get away with adding them according to the instructions, but if you choose to leave them down I would recomend adding them after the two wing sections are glued! You'll get a much better line up of the two. Also if you do plan on folding the wings I would also recomend Eduards flap set as it would add much detail to this area! I'll most defently add them to my next build!

0043.jpg

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Nice progress on the Avenger and thanks for the suggestion about adding the wing fold PE
Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: