Revell He111 H6 1/32

Guest KingK_series

Squadron has that set for folks in the US, I ordered from Hannants before looking there. Cheaper for US folks to get it at Squadron. I should break it out of the package to see if it actually fits or suffers from CMK "significant shrinkage" syndrome that I have run into too many times with their stuff. Fingers crossed...

It's just my luck that they may come out with 50 HE 111s or 50 JU 88 versions before they come out with even one Flying Pencil.

Isn't the problem with the Do-17, and Do-217 for that matter is there are none in any museums, although I believe there is a Do-17 that was found in the sea somewhere? Regarding the He-111H, I may just have to get that, although I suspect I'd want an H-6 or later to do as an Eastern Front example.

Regards,

Jason

Yes, there are no Do-17s or Do-217s left to study. One was found, but the -17 has not been recovered yet. All that there is to go off of is drawings and photos, which worked well for the 1/48 Do-217, but I guess they don't want to blow that one up.

Maybe though since they just raised one, we'll see a 1/32 He-115 from Revell? It's in the same museum as the He-111 and Ju-88.

Matt :party0023:

Guest KingK_series

If you're going to do an early H CMK have released a conversion, to be used with the P kit; http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CMK5073

The CMK kit is for early Hs with the Jumo 211a engine, that is the HE111H1 and H2

the engine cowling is significantly different with a much lower and smaller oil cooler intake on top of the engine nacelle and a shorter carburetor intake which does not run the length of the cowling above the exhausts. - that was changed on the H3 onwards to stop ingestion of hot exhaust gas = less power obviously.

It is interesting that the P1 had a better cold intake from the earliest version - clearly the engineers on the DB were more thoughtful than on the Jumo.

the Revell H6 kit will make a H3 on with recisions to a few details, most notably the props which are awful in the kit, - and only late H6's used the VS11, I have plently of pics oh H6's with VDMs.

Apologies to all for not posting pics recently, my key pad had decided to lose the parentheses so posting pics directly is fubared, I will put that right shortly and catch up with the pics promised

If there are only drawings left of a Do-17Z then you'd think they'd make one because who would argue with them if they are right or wrong? lol

The hardcore IPMS-Luftwaffenexperten-crowd will always know. And they will also say that these basic faults would have never happened in the first place, if (manufacturer of your choice) would have contacted them right from the beginning... :rolleyes:

Conversely id be surprised to ever see a Dornier.

Monogram tried it over ten years ago and never went back.

Given the rarer air in 32nd an aircraft with very limited popularity and a huge tooling cost hat would struggle to ever be recovered i wouldnt hold my breath.

Id love a Dornier night fighter but in short it aint ever gonna happen..

Is 1/32 really the "rare air" so much anymore? Perhaps its just my perception, but it seems like every "big news" release these days is 1/32, not so much 1/48, and 1/72 seems to be withering a bit on the vine. Again, my perception, I've never been big into the smaller scales. Plus, German sells, and it would (along with hopefully a new tool Spit Mk 1/2) fill a big gap in the BoB 1/32 collection.

I wonder how the Crash Archive book differs from / is better than the Blitz / BoB Then And Now books?

Just curious - aimed more at modellers perhaps?

Also re the CMK conversion, can anyone post pics of how the engine nacelles on this differ from the Revell H kit ones?

Btw the pics on Hannants website for that set are wrong: I asked CMK about this and they confirmed you would NOT get the fish tail exhausts as pictured - so if you want to do a black all over Blitz bird, you'll need to wait or get the Revell H kit and use the kit exhausts on your P model...

...I think!

Guest Dekenba

Conversely id be surprised to ever see a Dornier.

Monogram tried it over ten years ago and never went back.

Given the rarer air in 32nd an aircraft with very limited popularity and a huge tooling cost hat would struggle to ever be recovered i wouldnt hold my breath.

Id love a Dornier night fighter but in short it aint ever gonna happen..

It will happen - Revell will make one at some point.

If they can tool a He 111, Ju 88 and an Ar 196 (pretty obscure, a 1/32 floatplane!), then a Do 17 is a logical progression.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

So any news on the fit of the CMK conversion?

To clarify, did the H-1 and H-2 have the same ventral gondola as the P?

[i do not have my (limited) references to hand.]

If they did not, then the CMK conv is only really any good if you already have an H kit in the dirt place right?

Cheers

Nick