Alley Cats Bristol Bullet

Hi Guys,

I know I'm supposed to be working on a Roden DH-2, but my Alley Cats Bristol Bullet has arrived and I'd like to get to work on it as well.

So here's some photos to start (I'll get back to the DH-2 shortly).

bac81ebd-62db-4314-9504-5fac01c3b8e5.jpg

d5f87fe5-5c9c-4b7b-be22-dbd923027385.jpg

d5f87fe5-5c9c-4b7b-be22-dbd923027385.jpg

I wanted to do the red one on the bottom of the list, but it was purchased by a military pilot and I don't know if it was used in this colour scheme during the war or for that matter if it was actually used as a military trainer in the scheme.

So I think I'll be doing the one from the boxtop with the zigzag pattern on the fuselage side.

More later,

Ted

Ted - make sure you have the correct parts/instructions for the engine build/installation. See the A2Zee site for info if you purchased your kit before 9 March. There is a note below the block of Vendor's logos on the home page.

Edited by OldTroll

I did not even know it existed, both the aircraft

Looks interesting.

Stephen

That surprizes me. I build a 1/4 scale RC one many years ago. Flew like Goodyear made it, horribly unstable at speed and didn't like wind.

Ron

Thanks for the heads up Ron S. I was going to phone tomorrow to order a Gloster Gamecock, so I'll see about getting the correction parts at that time.

Hi Kev. I've seen one built up by Des Delatorre on his World War One website. He did a really nice job on his. Here's hoping I can do the same!

Hi Stephen. I've had a soft spot for the aircraft ever since I picked up Chris Gannon's 1/72 Pegasus release back in the early eighties. It will sure look neat beside the Roden Morane N kit.

Hi Ron, While yours didn't want to fly well, it certainly must have looked neat!

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Hi Geed and Maru,

I've always liked the Bullet and had planned over the years to scratchbuilt one. Now Alistair under his Alley Cat label has save me that work!

I've spoken with him regarding the engine correction parts (I ordered my copy before March 9, 2013, after that the correction is included in the kit), and he will be sending the new bits out at the end of this week along with a 1/32 Gloster Gamecock.

I've been busy removing the excess resin with my trusty little razor saw and hope to post pictures of the cleaned up parts this evening.

Before that though I must get back to my canine clan who at this moment are anxiously awaiting breakfast!

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Only one Gamecock, Ted? You do know that the set is four - six if you can find the original Montex kit...

I managed to get all my Bullet parts off their sprues? casting blocks? with repeated light cuts with a sharp blade. Unfortunately I had already assembled engine, cowl and prop/spinner when the corrected engine news came out. It really isn't all that apparent since the spinner covers just about all from the front so the only place the engine is exposed is the bottom of the cowl. I'll build it correctly on my next one.

Hi Ron,

Dare I ask? There have been four different variants of the Gamecock released? (Please... NO).

I'm doing the same with the parts and I wouldn't have worried to much about the corrected engine bits because you are right in saying that there isn't much exposed, but since I haven't got that far with the kit and wanted or needed (I'm not sure which) to order the Gamecock, it made sense to get my hands on the fix as well.

Let me know about the Gamecock if you wouldn't mind. I may have to order another! Now if I could only convince someone to release the Hawker Woodcock I would be a happy, happy man!! LOL

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Each of the two Gamecock kits has decals for two squadrons: 32-05 has no 17 Sqn and No 23 Sqn, 32-06 has No 3 Sqn and No 43 Sq. The original Montex kit (3202) had masks for No 23 Sqn and No 32 Sqn. I guess there are only five in "the set" since No 23 Sqn appears twice. Never fear, we'll get Silver Wings to do the Woodcock at some point in the future.

Hi Ros S.,

You had me worried there for a moment. I think one kit with whatever choice of markings will fit the bill, although having looked at the Putnam's Gloster book, I think that it wouldn't be too hard to modify a second kit into another member of the family (maybe a Guan).

Anyway, you're right. A Woodcock will probably appear down the road as the resin companies seem to like covering the bipes from between the wars.

In the meantime it's back to the Bullet... and looking after our dog shows, my boss, the wife would say! LOL

Talk to you soon,

Ted