Ki-84 Hayate - 520 Temporary interception Regiment

Mebo

Hi

I got stalled with my Me 262 and got really bored waiting for paint masks to arrive, so i dug out a Hasegawa Ki-84 that i bought on ebay and started building it. It goes together lige a dream, really nice fit of the parts.

I got the following AM bits for the build:

Eduard Big Ed

Quickboost exhausts

Aires cockpit set

Montex masks

dsc0049fc.jpg
dsc0001qu.jpg
dsc0002ke.jpg

Here is some pics of the engine. I added some of the Eduard photoetch, but the wiring looked a little 2-dimentional so i added some copperstrands i got from an old powercable.

dsc0011jfq.jpg
dsc0013cy.jpg
dsc0014ea.jpg
dsc0015jc.jpg

Cheers Mikkel

Got the Aires cockpit assembled and dryfit seat+IP. Also added some Big ED etch that the Aires set did not cover. Did the little knobs with some white glue. Works like a charm.

dsc0041ne.jpg
dsc0029ze.jpg
dsc0031v.jpg
dsc0030iy.jpg
dsc0028enb.jpg
dsc0027iq.jpg
dsc0026yc.jpg

Wheelwells and landing gear is spiced up with some Eduard etch. I dont know about the wiring and brakelines, maybe it will look better done with solderwire or copperstrands ?!?!?

dsc0044ek.jpg
dsc0018khj.jpg
dsc0016wv.jpg

Feel free to comment

Cheers

Mikkel

I must say this kit is really nice, only thing that bothers me is the fixed control surfaces. So i decided to chop them of and reposition them. tailsurfaces came out pretty good, but the wings look a little dodgy.

dsc0046wyh.jpg
dsc0045ya.jpg
dsc0047nw.jpg

Sleek lookin airframe :piliot:

Any tips or comments are very welcome.

Cheers

Mikkel

Edited by Mebo

Very Nice work on the KI-84! I too have this kit in the stash, some day I will do something with it, so I'll be following along to see what you add, how does the Aires pit test fit so far? I see you've added some plastic shims to the pit, was that to close up gaps or just make things look a it more tidy? It's going to look really great I can tell!

Keep up the beautiful work!

Paul

Very Nice work on the KI-84! I too have this kit in the stash, some day I will do something with it, so I'll be following along to see what you add, how does the Aires pit test fit so far? I see you've added some plastic shims to the pit, was that to close up gaps or just make things look a it more tidy? It's going to look really great I can tell!

Keep up the beautiful work!

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the kind words. The pit is really crisp and pretty good lookin overall. But i had to add some evergreen around the floors to close the gaps towards the fuselage that would show. The strips on the firewall i added to help center the pit. Im not really sure a gap at the firewall would show. It takes a little work to fit, but i think the effort i well worth it in the end.

Very impressive work so far! I built this kit a while back, and enjoyed every minute of it. Looking forward to your take on this one.

Superb build and finish on the one u did. I see u posted the mixing ratio on the cockpit color. Can i ask u how u mix something like that ?

I mean a 2:1 mix is pretty simple, but the one u posted is pretty complicated. I can not figure out how u measure it, or do u just eyeball it ?

Cheers

Mikkel- When I made the color for the cockpit, I roughly followed the ratio I posted. If you are using Tamiya paints, I would think that this ought to get you REAL close:

9 drops of white

1 drop of black

1 drop of green

1 drop of yellow

Mix it up and give it a try, I think you will like it!

Mikkel- When I made the color for the cockpit, I roughly followed the ratio I posted. If you are using Tamiya paints, I would think that this ought to get you REAL close:

9 drops of white

1 drop of black

1 drop of green

1 drop of yellow

Mix it up and give it a try, I think you will like it!

Thanks a lot for the info. I will do this.

Guest Peterpools

Mikkel

Terrific work on the front office and engine. The wing PE looks fantastic and it's easy to see how frustrating it was to get everything to fit.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I'll be fallowing closely ! I have one it the stash, and I rather enjoy watching your build. Very good so far.............Harv :popcorn: