Me-262A-1a "Yellow 2" (Trumpeter).

Jeff T

Ok, some more progress,

I painted the landing gear.These wheels from Barracudecals are absolutely superb!....(The wheels are not glued yet).

jdaI3tl.jpg

CkDy0wf.jpg

grg8lBq.jpg

I am not happy with the foil on the nose wheel strut, I think I will re-do it.

VOYI2sg.jpg

I applied a gloss coat and started the decal process.

80UF5Ia.jpg

I had a problem with the blue and white checkered decal on the tail, It maybe just because I am stupid, but for the life of me I could not work out how this decal was supposed to be applied, as whatever way I tried, it always ended up with a long section of the blue and white squares that was way out of proportion, so I decided to spray them on.....I just hope I can get the checks even!

1dr2HH5.jpg

zMlAN8m.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

Guest Peterpools

Jeff

Beautiful work on the cammo and the weathering on the gear has just the right touch.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Righto, decals are on......I will apply and oil paint wash next in the panel lines that have remained.I will also airbrush a filter coat to tone down the decals, so they won't be so stark.

XF9oWpd.jpg

ZmDqv3P.jpg

I masked and airbrushed the blue checkers on the tail, its not 100%, but they look ok.Looking at these pics, I still might try and trim a couple up a bit more.

Thank you for looking!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

Guest Peterpools

Jef

Stellar work and the 262 is really mighty fine. looking forward to seeing how the filter coat blends in the decals as that is exactly my next step on the Spit build.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

What a fantastic looking 262..!

Quite a psychedelic camo scheme... I wonder what they were smoking in the final weeks of the war? The Barracuda wheels/tyres are fabulous - first time I've seen them used and its great to see the central tread is the correct diamond shape. Look forward to seeing it weathered up.

Matt