Me-262A-1a "Yellow 2" (Trumpeter).

Jeff T

Hi all,

I have been working on this kit for a while now, and thought I would post it here for my first build on LSP.

I am using the Eaglecal decals for "Yellow 2" as I really liked the unusual paint scheme on this Jet.

After filling all the panel lines on the fueselage and wings, I started work on the cockpit tub.

I forgot to add the straps on the foot pedals.

d0rnhhg.jpg

I added the wires behind the IP, but I am not happy with them after finding a drawing on one of the threads on this Forum showing the wiring diagram a lot better, but it was too late to change it.

4XM5oTD.jpg

The gun bay doors needed a bit of filling and rescribing.

GYH67Kw.jpg

Edited by JT68

Continued...

kdESKHi.jpg

O8kDaJh.jpg

Here is the start of the main paintwork.I have since painted the nose and wings, and will post pics when I can get some done.

rrnFE1Y.jpg

V1f40kq.jpg

I made a couple of my own wheels from resin to replace the kit ones, as I read there were inaccuracies with the resin wheels that were availiable, so I didn't want to pay for inaccurate ones when I could make my own with the same inaccuracies.They turned out ok, but seeing that Roy Sutherland has released his beautiful 262 wheels, I have ordered a set of them and will use them instead as they look brilliant, and have the correct tread pattern.

tycynl8.jpg

Thats all for now, thank you for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

Cool, another 262! Looks like you're off to a great start mate. Also looks like the gun bay covers don't fit so well. Bummer!

Kev

Thanks a lot Kev!

GEEZ , another WELL DONE 262 ! Great work. Is it the kit pit ?..............Harv :popcorn:

Hi Harv, thanks a lot!.....yes, it is the kit cockpit.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Painting continues....

n5l4QjH.jpg

9Jy33g4.jpg

AA2zhIF.jpg

VG7L7Xy.jpg

oWYAQdo.jpg

I had originally painted the underside of the replaced nose section with Alclad for bare metal, assuming it was unpainted, but changed it to RLM-76 after advice from David E Brown.

Thanks for looking in!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

Thanks a lot for looking in and commenting Dan, Skiner and Shawn!

On 2/24/2013 at 12:12 PM, ScanmanDan said:

Stunning first build on LSP Jeff. I like what you are doing with the camouflage, interesting and bold. You did a great job on filling and rescribing the nose panels. Could you let us know how you did it? Neat little details all over the place :) .

Dan

Dan, I just used a bit of thin plastic strip and Super Glue, filled and sanded until it looked good, then re-scribed and added rivets with my new RB Productions Rivet Tool, best tool I have bought for ages!

I filled all the rivets and panel lines on the main airframe, but I thought I would keep them on the nose section as this was replaced on the real one, and I thought it would just mix it up a bit.I also kept them on the engine nacelles as well.

hsBB7Xl.jpg

Cq9R2Je.jpg

3yYQzze.jpg

b1VuN7j.jpg

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

There's a lot of great Schwalbe builds going on lately. Good to see such a cool plane getting lots of attention. I really like your build and paint scheme. That was the other option for me when I was planning out my build, you really nailed the different camo scheme.

Keep up the great work.

Matt :party0023:

Thanks a lot Crobinsonh and Matt!

Ok, I had some brass gun barrels that I was going to install, but I stuffed up the installation of the guns, so decided to just close up the gun bay, but I used the ends of the barrels to put into the gun slots which looks a lot better than nothing there.

FW2yq3z.jpg

Xdli8UA.jpg

Gun camera glass has Maskol still on it, which I'll remove when all the paintwork is done.

Light Green stripes have been painted on, next up is the Darker Green inside them.

7ko0kfI.jpg

3pR6N62.jpg

I have to find out if the area between the slats and the wings would be painted camo or another colour.

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, paintwork continues,

Sprayed the dark green sections inside the light green sections..

UZtJD6E.jpg

pagpuuL.jpg

Started spraying a couple of panels on the underside slightly different shades of RLM-76 to add a bit of variation.I will spray the seam sections on the engine pods where the paint has worn off later when I stop resting it on them during work.

iQaLCoh.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68