Albatros W.4 interior layout?

ChuckT

I am hoping to modify Roden's 1/32 Albatros D.I to a W.4 sea plane.I dont have any references for the intrior of the W.4 but lots for the D.V.

Would the W.4's interior be pretty much the same as the later D.V or are they totally different? Any ideas on where I can get some info on the interior of a W.4 or D.I which it is based off of?

Thanks in advance, Chuck.

While the interior is likely to be identical (or nearly so) to the D.I the wings and horizontal tailplane were definitely not. The wings were larger to take into account the weight of the floats and the horizontal tail was enlarged to retain effectiveness with the larger wings. Albatros Publications Mini-Datafile #1 has the W.4 as a subject and contains 1/72 and 1/48 drawings as well as numerous photos (none of the interior.) I recommend this booklet as an essential source of reference for your project.

Thanks for the info.

I do have this data file and I am planning on making the larger wings and tail plane. I have the floats completed (minus some of the finer details) but was hoping to get started on the inetrior.

I don't have anything on the D.I's interior but do the D.V. Do you think it would be close to it?

I also think you'd be ok going with the standard early Albatros interior, assuming the armament is the same.....I can't remember if it still has 2 MGs or not. It's not as tho there is a landing gear retraction lever to remove.

I think you'd be ok adding a flare gun and cartridge mount somewhere inside with a sea plane, though.

The interiors of single seat WWI scouts were pretty similar within manufacturers.

C