scvrobeson

Banshee or Phantom?

Hey there guys. I just wanted to say that I love the work Fisher does with their model kits, they really are second to none.

I was wondering though if any thought had ever been put into putting out a kit of the F2H Banshee or an FH-1 Phantom? I know all of Fisher's kits are of Korean War/50s aircraft, and these two fall into that category. I know I would love to build a Banshee, since no one seems to want to put kits out of it.

Thanks for the amazing kits.

Matt

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Not a bad idea but I still haven't finished my Panther yet.

I have to say that although these would be very welcome additions to any collection I think Paul should stick with the smaller stuff for now.

1/32 scale Trainers are very often neglected and I hope that he sticks with these for a while.

My own preference would be for a lovely Curtiss A-12 Shrike to go with the PT-22.

A Culver PQ-14 would also be very welcome,something different and something an IM manufacturer would never touch.

I'm sure a very viable nice niche market can be found here for models like these for someone if not Fisher Models.

We'll see over time I guess.

I know that there are vac kits out there, but I don't think it would even be a fair comparison to try and put an old ID vac-form kit up against a Fisher kit. It would be like comparing a Reliant Robin to a Ferrari 458. Just not a fair fight.

Matt

Guest Vulcan32

I would take a Banshee, Phantom, Skyknight or Pirate. On the trainers like the PT-22 I will pass.

I would love to see Paul do both a Banshee and a Phantom.

I had mentioned to Paul that a Stearman would be an excellent choice; he expressed concern over copyright infringement with Boeing.

As McDonnell and Douglas are under the Boeing corporate "umbrella" I suspect the same concerns would exist!

Barry

I know that there are vac kits out there, but I don't think it would even be a fair comparison to try and put an old ID vac-form kit up against a Fisher kit. It would be like comparing a Reliant Robin to a Ferrari 458. Just not a fair fight.

Matt

There is no comparison because you are comparing apples with oranges. A vacuform is a sketch, a beginning for a real craftsman to show his stuff. Larry Hawkins comes to mind. He could take a vac and make it look like the best resin or injection molded item. A resin kit and a injection molded kit are kits where all the pieces are already made and all the modeler has to do is assemble them. Building all three types are interesting challenges and the builder can certainly get plenty of satisfaction (and frustration) from building them. But they are different animals.

Stephen

:rofl: Reminds me of that Top Gear episode.

You mean the one where he keeps flipping the Reliant over, or the one where they turn the Robin into a space shuttle? Both are amazing episodes or my favorite show.

Matt

There is no comparison because you are comparing apples with oranges. A vacuform is a sketch, a beginning for a real craftsman to show his stuff. Larry Hawkins comes to mind. He could take a vac and make it look like the best resin or injection molded item. A resin kit and a injection molded kit are kits where all the pieces are already made and all the modeler has to do is assemble them. Building all three types are interesting challenges and the builder can certainly get plenty of satisfaction (and frustration) from building them. But they are different animals.

Stephen

I understand that, but I guess that I'm an assembler then, since I've never built a vac-form kit. I would much rather put down the extra amount of money for a Fisher kit than fighting through an ID kit scratch-building the entire interior. Larry Hawkins was a master at what he did, but there is a different kind of model for each person.

Matt

I would take a Banshee, Phantom, Skyknight or Pirate. On the trainers like the PT-22 I will pass.

I wouldn't mind a Skyknight or Pirate either. Both are cool planes, and I agree that trainers really don't do much for me. Except the Sea Fury trainer. That one I like. But most trainers look awkward and dumpy. But the Banshee looks like a great fast jet.

Matt

You mean the one where he keeps flipping the Reliant over, or the one where they turn the Robin into a space shuttle? Both are amazing episodes or my favorite show.

Matt

Haha... BOTH!!! Loved both episodes.

Haha... BOTH!!! Loved both episodes.

Great show. I just finished up watching the new episode from tonight where they race from London to Milan in a Mustang GT500 against public transportation.

Matt :party0023: