Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

"I saw it drop and it should have landed in my apron but it apparently had other ideas and it was gone."

I'm really glad to hear you say that Wolf. It's proof that one can be a brain surgeon

and a clutz at the same time :P

Your effort/frustration is paying off nicely tho I must say.

Wolf, that looks absolutely fantastic! Your work has that indefinable 'X-factor' that really makes it stand out. It's not crazy scratch-building or eye-catching weathering, just precision, skill and craftsmanship taken to the ultimate level. Brilliant!

Kev

Thanks Kevin, kind words indeed. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how much I'm going to weather this one. From the photos in the instruction booklet the aircraft was kept relatively clean. Somewhat less so once it was in French hands after the Armistace.

Cheers,

Wolf

Good night, Wolf! That is just too spectacular. Love everything you've done.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank-you Mark! I have to admit I was thinkin' the same thing when I was going through you Mustang thread yesterday. Hopefully you'll revive this build soon. Finish off yellow 14 first though......

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Gorgeous work on the Spandaus ... just spectacular and to think you though things would go smooth as silk - no as long as the Carpet Monster is alive and well.

The images of the Fokker in all her glory: one amazing flying machine. Stellar work Buddy, just stellar!

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. The most frustrating part is that I don't have a carpet monster, it's a concrete floor! Didn't make any difference though, the part is gone. At least until I drop another part on my next build and there it'll be.................

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf..just realized that you're building an Albatros manufactured Fokker D VII,and I'm building an Albatros that has just turned into a real Fokker .

Shattering lozenge decals are a lot of fun. Your build is looking "Top Shelf" my man. :thumbsup: :popcorn:

Thanks Bill! The lozenge decals, WnW decals? They're enough work all on their own but shattering? That ain't no fun at all!

Cheers,

Wolf

Jeez that really is nice, very nice.

Kagemusha, thank-you for your kind words!

Cheers,

Wolf

oh man... pure magic. I would have never thought of adding the return spring on those Spandau's...

Thanks Jeroen. Yes, that return spring...........winding the copper wire for the spring was easy enough. Bending the wire at the end of the spring without deforming the last coil at the end of the spring was the real challenge.

Cheers,

Wolf

"I saw it drop and it should have landed in my apron but it apparently had other ideas and it was gone."

I'm really glad to hear you say that Wolf. It's proof that one can be a brain surgeon

and a clutz at the same time :P

Your effort/frustration is paying off nicely tho I must say.

Ok, that really made me laugh! Thanks for that Mike! Believe me I'm way more clutz than anything else, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Looking great Wolf

Thanks Ron. She's comin' along slowly but surely eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, the Fokker looks great! I really like the fabric decals. As I was reading your words, I thought phaaa, why bother? Then I looked at the photos. Subtle and perfect.

Cheers

Don

Wolf, the Fokker looks great! I really like the fabric decals. As I was reading your words, I thought phaaa, why bother? Then I looked at the photos. Subtle and perfect.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don. The fabric effect decals actually make quite a difference to the overall look. It makes for a bit more work but I figure it's worth the extra effort.

Cheers,

Wolf

:wow: Wolf, looks amazing, detail is outstanding as always.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard. You really have to try one of these WnW kits. Compared to your Hurricane build it'll be like basket weaving but you'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Yes I will have to start one, I have three in the stash , Sopwith Pup, Snipe and Triplane, opened one box and said to myself this is small, so your work is just outstanding my friend.

Regards

Richard

Spandau ballet, well synchronized........ The guns are done and installed. After priming with Tamiya's Fine White Primer the guns were sprayed with Alclad II Gun Metal and then burnished with MiG Productions Gunmetal powder. The addition of the Aber photo-etch bits really adds a lot to the Spandaus but it's somewhat hidden with the top wing in place. Not really a surprise though. That essentially finishes the fuselage assembly although I'll add more weathering to it before the top wing is permanently affixed. Finishing the decal work on the top wing and ailerons, painting the propellor, running the aileron actuator cables, and a little bit of paintwork for the underwing access panels and she'll be done.

Fokker-55_zpsed8932eb.jpg

Fokker-56_zpsa709564f.jpg

Fokker-57_zpsc13a5611.jpg

Fokker-58_zps4d15e712.jpg

Cheers,

Wolf