Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

way to go in tackling those problems. From the photos, your Fokker looks like a gem

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Gentlemen, thanks for all your very kind comments! Dude, I painted the exhaust with MM Burnt Metal which was buffed once dry. I used my regular wash of Detailer fluid to emphasize the weld beads. Then I burnished the exhaust pipe with various colours of chalk pastels including dark brown, red brown, dark and light gray, black and two different shades of blue. No clear coat was applied as it usually mutes the pastel colours too much.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Richard! Been doing a LOT of decalling lately. Sheets of lozenge decal and then loads of rib tape and I'm still not done but she is gettin' there. Hopefully I'll have more pics soon.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Richard! Been doing a LOT of decalling lately. Sheets of lozenge decal and then loads of rib tape and I'm still not done but she is gettin' there. Hopefully I'll have more pics soon.

Cheers,

Wolf

With your painting skills I thought you would have painted it :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

With your painting skills I thought you would have painted it :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

Montex makes a series of masks that allow you to paint the lozenge pattern but the issue I've been having including tonight's efforts is that my paint work is proving to be my Achillies heel. I had planned on giving the lower wing assembly a final semi-gloss clear coat but that's not what happened...............sigh. While decanting the paint from the spray can it splashed up a bit and a drop landed on the wing assembly. When I noticed it I tried to wipe it off and because it was lacquer it took a chunk of decal material off clean down to the primer. I managed to fix the damage to a reasonable degree but it was hours of work for something that should have taken me ten minutes. I truly have not been having a lot of luck with my paint work on this build!

Cheers,

Wolf

Montex makes a series of masks that allow you to paint the lozenge pattern but the issue I've been having including tonight's efforts is that my paint work is proving to be my Achillies heel. I had planned on giving the lower wing assembly a final semi-gloss clear coat but that's not what happened...............sigh. While decanting the paint from the spray can it splashed up a bit and a drop landed on the wing assembly. When I noticed it I tried to wipe it off and because it was lacquer it took a chunk of decal material off clean down to the primer. I managed to fix the damage to a reasonable degree but it was hours of work for something that should have taken me ten minutes. I truly have not been having a lot of luck with my paint work on this build!

Cheers,

Wolf

Know what you mean Wolf ............................ I've had more than one or two projects that I just tossed in the trash because I was so disgusted with it !!! Sometimes I just don't have that perseverance, especially when it comes down to the finish line and something goes wrong that would entail practically starting all over. :crying:

Know what you mean Wolf ............................ I've had more than one or two projects that I just tossed in the trash because I was so disgusted with it !!! Sometimes I just don't have that perseverance, especially when it comes down to the finish line and something goes wrong that would entail practically starting all over. :crying:

Thanks Will. I've been there myself but this kit is just way too nice to trash so perseverance is the order of the day. I'm getting to be something of an expert on damage control though which is very time consuming. No wonder it take so long for me to finish a build.! :doh:

Cheers,

Wolf

Hang in there Wolf, I am sure you will come through and produce a jaw dropping model

Thanks Don, hang in I will but I'm not too sure about the jaw dropping model. Too many warts already and I'm not done yet!

Cheers,

Wolf

I've been moving forward with the Fokker build, all be it at something of a snail's pace. I've been completing most of the individual sub assemblies and tonight I couldn't resist fitting them together. I wanted to get a sense of what still needs doing (lots of stuff) and to make sure all the subassemblies came together without any fuss. The bottom wing assembly has been permanently affixed as have the tail feathers. For the control cable ends I used GasPatch 1/48 turnbuckles and EZ line. I still need to add my wash and weather everything a bit more. The undercarriage has been set in place but nothing has been glued. The struts have simply been pushed in to the axle wing assembly. The same goes for all the upper wing struts which have been dry fitted and the upper wing carefully rested in to place. Even without any glue I can pick up the entire model by lifting it up with the upper wing assembly. How's that for a perfect fit? The ailerons still need to be covered in lozenge decal and the rib tapes need to be added to the upper wing assembly. I've also been using MicroSculpt fabric effect decals to cover the wing assemblies once all the rib tapes have been added. Even though the MicroSculpt sheet says it's for 1/48th scale it works equally well in 1/32nd and really enhances the look of the lozenge decals supplied by WnWs. You can see the effect on the lower wing as opposed to the unfinished upper wing. It's a lot of extra work but I really like the effect it gives.

On with the pics although they're not the best. I kind o' rushed the process tonight so I could put at least a little something up. With tomorrow being Mother's Day it's unlikely I'll be able to get much done on the Fokker.

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-44_zps4eb1ba33.jpg

Fokker-45_zpsd7f69196.jpg

Fokker-46_zps7014813b.jpg

Fokker-47_zps19ef0fa8.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Yup....Doesn't get much better than this,perfect paint and details as per usual Wolf.wonderful to see it take shape.

One question,what is the material being used for rigging?, iffin one may ask.