Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Hey Wolf,

This looks amazing. One small point though, that little panel at the top of the firewall probably should have been lozenged. I haven't found a picture yet without it being lozenge fabric instead of CDL. If you've got a photo, then I'll be quiet, but I was just going off of what I've seen on other photos. There should be a decal for it on the sheet somewhere.

Keep up the great work, this is coming along well.

Matt :party0023:

Wolf

Nice photo set up and you covered all the bases, most important of all, the WB to be changed to incandescent. I still go through the chore of setting up the floods for each photo session, as I don't have the space to keep a permanent setup in the room. Sure wish I did.

Thanks for the photo tips. :rolleyes:

Thanks Peter, yeah it would definitely be a pain to have to set up and tear down for every photo shoot. Tell ya what, you can come over to my house and use my setup if you want.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey Wolf,

This looks amazing. One small point though, that little panel at the top of the firewall probably should have been lozenged. I haven't found a picture yet without it being lozenge fabric instead of CDL. If you've got a photo, then I'll be quiet, but I was just going off of what I've seen on other photos. There should be a decal for it on the sheet somewhere.

Keep up the great work, this is coming along well.

Thanks Matt. Yeah I know about the lozenge decal for the panel above the firewall. I didn't use it because there wasn't a decal for the opposite side of the panel and I wanted things to match back and front. In the end it doesn't really matter because with the cowl panels in place you won't be able to see much of it anyways. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

WolfThanks Matt. Yeah I know about the lozenge decal for the panel above the firewall. I didn't use it because there wasn't a decal for the opposite side of the panel and I wanted things to match back and front. In the end it doesn't really matter because with the cowl panels in place you won't be able to see much of it anyways. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Makes sense, especially if you're putting the cowl panels on. IF you were to have them off, you wouldn't have to worry about the back of the panel, because it is invisible, unless you remove the top fuselage panel. That's why they only provide the visible side decal.

Keep up the great work man, I'm liking how it's going.

I've been busy masking and painting the last couple of days. Today I masked off the yellar nose and sprayed some Humbrol blue to finish off the fuselage colours. Once the blue has had a chance to fully cure I'll cover it with Tamiya's clear gloss lacquer and then I can start applying some of the decals. The fuselage cross will be added first and then it'll be over sprayed with more blue so it's just visible. Another clear coat over that and the the gorgeous dragon decal will be added.

At this point none of the cowl panels have been glued in place but the radiator housing and lower engine cowls have been permanently attached. Again, and no surprise, they fit perfectly. I did have to add a thin styrene strip to the bottom inside edge of the triangular panel to close up a gap between it and the furthest rear lower engine cover. The gap now looks like nothing more than a simple panel line. :thumbsup:

Gonna be colourful don't ya think?

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-38_zpse87af68c.jpg

Fokker-37_zpsd4c16536.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Awesome work Buddy... the air brush work is flawless and the cowling/radiator fit perfectly. Super touch!!

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Hi Wolf.

This build is truly inspirational. I am in awe when i see how clean your work is, and how good your paintwork is. Just amazing.

Can i ask you what material and what colors you use for the backdrop on your photo setup ? On the detail pictures it looks light blue, but
on the picture of the setup it looks sandy brown. I really need to improve my photography skills so any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mikkel

:goodjob:

Wolf, looking good! A beautiful job so far, I can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks Don, me neither. Looking forward to seein' it done myself. It's been a fun build so far.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Awesome work Buddy... the air brush work is flawless and the cowling/radiator fit perfectly. Super touch!!

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. I've been using Humbrol enamels for the paint work and it takes a little longer to dry than my favourite paints, Tamiya lacquers, but with each swipe of a sanding stick and each lick of paint it's gettin' closer and closer to bein' done. As you know yourself these WnW kits are awesome.

Cheers,

Wolf

Well that is looking top shelf my man.You certainly know how to lay down paint. love that shade of blue.

Will be watching along. :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Bill. It's been quite a while since I've used Humbrol enamels and they're a little trickier to spray and far more sensitive to touch even when dry. I find top coating them with Tamiya lacquer clears makes 'em tough as nails afterwards though. The blue shade is Humbrol #25 as recommended by WnWs. It has a bit of a purple hue to it making it almost a royal blue. I originally bought it when I was doing a 1/48 Eduard Albatros but I never got it finished. Someday....... :whistle:

Cheers,

Wolf

Georgeous Wolfe! Looking forward to the next update, Chuck.

Thanks Chuck! Hopefully the next update will be soon. Things are starting to move a bit quicker now that I've gotten to the painting stage.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf.

This build is truly inspirational. I am in awe when i see how clean your work is, and how good your paintwork is. Just amazing.

Can i ask you what material and what colors you use for the backdrop on your photo setup ? On the detail pictures it looks light blue, but

on the picture of the setup it looks sandy brown. I really need to improve my photography skills so any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mikkel

Thank-you Mikkel. You have a sharp eye. When I took the picture of my photo set-up I was using a dark sandy coloured poster board as a background colour. Before that I was using a light blue poster board and I thought the sandy brown would make the subject stand out a bit better. After trying the brown colour for a while I went back to the light blue as I found it more pleasing to the eye. No fancy colour manipulation goin' on, the background colour is definitely blue!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Appreciate the info, as I never knew you used Tamiya lacquers, as I've only used their acrylics and it's become my standard paint these days.

Hi Wolf,

In one of your early posts you mention using "detailer liquid"s, can you be more specific? I have been trying to attain the look you achieved with your cockpit, yet I cannot find a fully satisfying wash liquid to make it happen.

Dave