Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Look at that will ya!! Our resident master detail builder and painter has done it again...

Wolf..without a doubt you are blessed with endless modeling talents.. Beautiful Mercedes. looking forward to more.

:clap2: :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be one of the best looking D.VII's I've seen to date. Just beautiful workmanship.

Thanks Kevin, this is a brilliant kit and it needs care to assemble but it's definitely one of the nicest WWI kits on the market.

Cheers,

Wolf

This thing looks like its about ready to fire up. The realism is unbelievable.well done on your fine work.

Thanks Jeremy, kind words. Hopefully I'll have some more pics to post soon. I've managed to get a bit more work done but haven't taken any photos.

Cheers,

Wolf

I've been busy workin' on the Fokker and I finally got the engine installed in to the mounting framework. It took a little bit of fettling with the engine to get it sitting true in the framework but nothing to bad at all. Once I had that done I closed the fuselage halves around the cockpit module and everything went together great. I had a couple of spots on the fuselage spine that needed attention with a little bit of Mr. Surfacer 500 primarily at the sprue attachment points. The rest fit with perfection requiring only a light bit of sanding. Then, out came the paint and most of the parts requiring yellow paint were primed with Tamiya's fine white Primer. After the primer was good and dry and any rough spots polished out the parts were sprayed with Humbrol Enamel #24 Matt Yellow. I've left the yeller paint to dry for a couple of days and if it looks like its completely set tomorrow I'll give it a light spray of Tamiya's semi-gloss clear. Lots to do yet but it's coming along nicely I think. The more I work on this model the more impressed I am with the kit. I'll definitely be sending WnWs more money when the DVII F is released!

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-33_zps8ace5da0.jpg

Fokker-34_zpsb9a6798d.jpg

Fokker-32_zpsc05b4cff.jpg

Fokker-35_zps45a9e26c.jpg

Wolf, I found myself grinning widly with awe looking at your latest pics. Not only do you display some of the deftest paintwork in the game, your photography is incredible too.

That last image is an absolute joy to behold. The combination of colours, textures and detail takes my breath away. If you'd already applied the lozenge decals to the outside of the fuselage I would have sworn I was looking at real cloth! The faded effect of the interior lozenge decal is perfect and combined with the various details of the cockpit looks amazing plus, that engine is a work of art in itself. Astonishing.

Great work.

Edited by geedubelyer

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Super progress Buddy on the Fokker. The beautiful Mercedes looks quite comfortable in her new home and all the parts/assemblies blend together perfectly in the photos.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Coming along nicely. Note that the triangle shaped panels that mount on the fuse requires quit a bit of filler to the fuse as on the real plane this was not a separate panel. The instructions also point this out

Ron

Wolf, I found myself grinning widly with awe looking at your latest pics. Not only do you display some of the deftest paintwork in the game, your photography is incredible too.

That last image is an absolute joy to behold. The combination of colours, textures and detail takes my breath away. If you'd already applied the lozenge decals to the outside of the fuselage I would have sworn I was looking at real cloth! The faded effect of the interior lozenge decal is perfect and combined with the various details of the cockpit looks amazing plus, that engine is a work of art in itself. Astonishing.

Great work.

Thanks Geedublyer, kind words Sir! Luckily these WWI aircraft lend themselves to a colourful pallet and the painting is half the fun of the build. This particular aircraft will have a semi-gloss yellow nose with a dark blue fuselage rather than lozenge covered. The upper and lower wings will be lozenge fabric with lots of light blue rib tapes....... :mental:

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Super progress Buddy on the Fokker. The beautiful Mercedes looks quite comfortable in her new home and all the parts/assemblies blend together perfectly in the photos.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. I was a little worried about fitting the engine after reading all the cautionary tales here but in the end it was no trouble at all. Just a little bit of tweaking to get it all lined up nicely.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf,, Phenomenal detailed engine which is simply quite Spectacular.everything so perfectly synchronized. Ever inch of you work had been amazing and oozes inspirational to others.. Someone asked if I had a favorite modeler and now I can say that all modelers/kit assemblers are Very good in their own field, some on building jets and modern WINGY thingys, but I do think YOU are the man for classy wing nut model builds.. When a modeler can make us think is that THAT bolt, nut or leather or metal is REAL etc then he as achieved his goal/aims in making the model look more REAL than the aircraft itself dare I say..if you can understand that Wolf. And yes the photographs are brilliant..no need for photoshopping at all in MY opinion.. :wow: :wow: :wub: { to be honest I think YOU are one of MY favorite modelers on here!!}

Very kind words indeed Maru, thank-you. I'm not sure I'm worthy of all your praise but I'm certainly having a lot of fun with this build. Again, thank-you........ :blush:

Cheers,

Wolf

Coming along nicely. Note that the triangle shaped panels that mount on the fuse requires quit a bit of filler to the fuse as on the real plane this was not a separate panel. The instructions also point this out

Ron

Hi Ron, thanks for the heads up but in this case the DVII I'm building is a late production OAW aircraft and the triangular panels are indeed separate louvered aluminum panels. Thankfully I'm following the instructions for once, LOL! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wolf

Looking fantastic! As others have said, your photos are also top notch - I would be curious as to what lighting and setup you employ to do your pics?

THank-you Petrov27. My set up is quite simple. I use 4 flexible desk lamps with 100w incandescent bulbs to light up the model for pics. The camera is set on a tripod and I use the camera's self timer to take the pics as I don't have a remote shutter release. This reduces any chance of shaking the camera. I use an old Nikon D50 with an 18-55 Nikor lens and I set the aperture on the camera as high as possible (f25 to f30) for maximum depth of field. The photo below should give you an idea of what my setup looks like.

Cheers,

Wolf

set-up.jpg

Wolf, with your setup, do you use a flash? :hmmm: Dumb question, I'm guessing ............... NOT!!! :blush:

You guessed right Will, no flash. The 4 desk lamps give all the light I need. The only thing I forgot to mention is that I also adjust the white balance on the camera to compensate for the yellow cast of the incandescent light bulbs.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Nice photo set up and you covered all the bases, most important of all, the WB to be changed to incandescent. I still go through the chore of setting up the floods for each photo session, as I don't have the space to keep a permanent setup in the room. Sure wish I did.

Thanks for the photo tips. :rolleyes: