Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Hey Chuck, absolutely cut them down from the top VERY CAREFULLY! I used my sprue cutters to make the initial cut and then used a 320 grit sanding stick to straighten out the cut and adjust the final length of the valve stem. The bottom end was the easy part. I cut off the kit moulded valve springs just a hair above the top of the cylinder head. That left me with a nice white circle of stressed plastic indicating were the valve spring had been cut off. I used the very tip of a #11 blade to "centre punch" the centre of the circle. That prevented my drill bit from wandering off centre, making sure to drill at the angle the Taurus Models valve spring assemblies would sit. I started with a smaller drill bit and them worked progressively larger until the hole in the cylinder head accepted the end of the valve spring.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf ,

Your work on the engine is awesome .As for the valve spring stems ! they are there on the real one .They should not be cut on the top ! Just letting you know .

Willi

Hi Wolf ,

Your work on the engine is awesome .As for the valve spring stems ! they are there on the real one .They should not be cut on the top ! Just letting you know .

Willi

Hi Willi, yes I realize the valve stems should be there but I cut mine down in length to allow the rocker arms to sit more naturally. You definitely don't want to cut them off.

Thanks for your input, it's always appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Willi, yes I realize the valve stems should be there but I cut mine down in length to allow the rocker arms to sit more naturally. You definitely don't want to cut them off.

Thanks for your input, it's always appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Yes I built mine with the engine already built ! Whats important is to make sure the valve springs are at a slight angle .I made the mistake of cutting all the kit ones off and mounted mine at wrong angle! was a duff redo . The next one will be easy now that I know what I`m doing :innocent: .

I wish they would have done decals for the Fokker you did in 1/48th on Hyperscale . I ogled over that Fokker for years and still have it on my fav. on the computer.

Willi

Hi Wolf,

Yes I built mine with the engine already built ! Whats important is to make sure the valve springs are at a slight angle .I made the mistake of cutting all the kit ones off and mounted mine at wrong angle! was a duff redo . The next one will be easy now that I know what I`m doing :innocent: .

I wish they would have done decals for the Fokker you did in 1/48th on Hyperscale . I ogled over that Fokker for years and still have it on my fav. on the computer.

Willi

Thanks Willi, I know exactly what you mean when you say the next one will be easy (easier).

Thanks also for your kind words regarding my Eduard DVII. That too was a very enjoyable build but not near as colourful as the one you've just done.

Cheers,

Wolf

It's all Photoshopped....Photoshopped I tell ya!! There..the cats out of the bag,,

.I've seen Wolf's work up close and it looks just like.......well..... elves did the work and then it was photoshopped...

I was going to post pics of my Albatros in progress.....but who's gonna look at them? you've ruined that, haven't ya?

It's all Photoshopped....Photoshopped I tell ya!! There..the cats out of the bag,,

.I've seen Wolf's work up close and it looks just like.......well..... elves did the work and then it was photoshopped...

I was going to post pics of my Albatros in progress.....but who's gonna look at them? you've ruined that, haven't ya?

LOL, I knew it! I just knew it! :lol:

Hey Bill, ya weren't supposed to tell, you even promised! Sheeeesh!

If you have an Albatros on the go I for one would love to see WIP pics. I didn't ruin nothin, so there! Post the pics Bill, please.

Cheers,

Wolf

LOL, I knew it! I just knew it! :lol:

Don't believe a word of it Ron, my bloodshot eyes are proof that I'm crazy enough to use parts that small. I finished off the plug wires to the spark plugs this evening and got the engine block painted as well. Heading back to the bench now to see what else I can get done before I call it a day. Hopefully I'll have some more pics soon.

Cheers,

Wolf

Last night I literally burnt the midnight oil to get the Mercedes DIII au engine to the point I would consider it done. I spent a lot of time suppressing AMS and not detail the engine to the Nth degree and leave the cowlings off. In the end I went with my original plan, the cowl panels will go on, hiding most of the beautiful engine that WnWs provides in this kit. The part that will be on show got the Taurus Models upgrade although you might not even be able to see the spark plugs and ignition wires. I just couldn't leave that part alone, I mean it just wouldn't have felt right.

Anyways, on to the pics and as always, comments and critique welcome. Please forgive the ugly plastic forceps to hold the engine for picture taking.

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-27_zps9fdb7ff4.jpg

Fokker-28_zpsb1714b9c.jpg

Fokker-29_zps207e62ff.jpg

Fokker-30_zps2e2aa58d.jpg

Fokker-31_zps3a9553bb.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Absolutely gorgeous work on the Mercedes. Fit and finish is PERFECT!

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: