Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Since you are working on the engine Here`s A link I used .

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519353

Willi

Willi, that is freakin' Awesome! :yahoo: Thanks so much for that. The photos definitely answer a couple of questions I've had relating to some of the pipe work on the engine. Very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Not been on the site to much lately, just luking, but I had to say :yahoo: see you are up to your normal standards, just brilliant my friend.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard, nice to hear from you! Don't be such a stranger.

I got hit by the Wingnut bug and what you're seeing is the result. Couldn't get my mojo going to finish the Spitfire right away so I had to order the DVII. Really remarkable kits so when your Hurricane opus is done you really have to try one of these.

Cheers,

Wolf

You amaze me. Beautiful work!

Unless it can be seen, I absolutely refuse to add extra details..

But for what can be seen, I'll go to town on... I guess it's just me being cheap and economic.. Lazy?

Trust me Clunkmeister, I'm really not amazing, just ask my wife, LOL! I am trying as hard as possible to repress my AMS so there will not be a lot of extras added to this. The clamps just sort o' happened as you will be able to see the upper ones.

Cheers,

Wolf

Maybe Chuck. The upper cylinder assembly is in the paint shop right now and with everything painted gloss black there's not much to see. I'll shoot more pics when it's all finished.

Cheers,

Wolf

No worries Wolfe. I zoomed into the pic and I think I get what it looks like. I haven't noticed that hex fastner detail before when looking at engine pics. I'm wondering where you found this detail?

Have you seen the detail shots from Jamo for the D.IIIa? I can post a link if you haven't.

I managed to get a bit of work done on the cylinder heads for the Mercedes engine over the last couple of days. Most of the individual components were painted and I got the valve train and rocker boxes attached. These parts from Taurus Models are absolutely teeny and after an evening of attaching the rocker arms my eyes hurt. For those of you that are going to use the Taurus models details, fair warning, you're going to have to cut down every valve stem ( VERY CAREFULLY ) as they're too long and make aligning the rocker arms very difficult if not trimmed. Did I mention these parts are teeny? I see a couple of things I need to adjust paint work wise now that the assembly has been magnified in the photos and I'll do the spark plugs and ignition conduit tomorrow. Oh, those spark plugs from Taurus Models, they're really tiny too and I need to drill out the back of each one so I can install a very small piece of stretched sprue. Otherwise there will only be a butt join to the side of the cylinder head. My eyes are going to hurt again, I jus t know it, LOL! :blink:

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-23_zps92f66c64.jpg

Fokker-24_zps287118a7.jpg

Oh my, those cylinder heads look awesome. To me it looks like you stole the laser gun from that guy in the movie "honey I shrunk the kid" and shrunk down the cylinders from real plane. I don't know man, this is not modeling...its a magic show or something like that... :rofl:

Seriously, bravo Wolf...bravo!!

Edited by Youngtiger1

Oh my, those cylinder heads look awesome. To me it looks like you stole the laser gun from that guy in the movie "honey I shrunk the kid" and shrunk down the cylinders from real plane. I don't know man, this is not modeling...its a magic show or something like that... :rofl:

Seriously, bravo Wolf...bravo!!

Thank-you very much Mike! The truth is I'd want the laser gun to enlarge the pieces so they were easier to work with and then I'd shrink it back down again. Man, that would make things soooo much easier, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Love that high-contrast. Nice use of color adding that brass.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark, I used the pics of a restored 200 hp Mercedes provided in the kit instructions as a colour guide. I liked the look of the contrasting colours but the weathering process should tone some of it down a bit.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Looking fantabulos as they say; simply outstanding work. Seeing the little critters is one thing but not feeding the caret monster is something else again. I don't think even in my younger days, I wouldn't have lost more then a few.

Looking good

Keep 'em coming