Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

This looks great. Good to see you starting up this thread. Your Fokker is really looking nice, all of the detail painting is helping to bring it all together. Can't wait to see it put together and with some paint on it.

Thanks for the tips on my build too, they helped out.

Any word on the markings that you're going to do?

Matt :party0023:

Edited by scvrobeson

This looks great. Good to see you starting up this thread. Your Fokker is really looking nice, all of the detail painting is helping to bring it all together. Can't wait to see it put together and with some paint on it.

Thanks for the tips on my build too, they helped out.

Any word on the markings that you're going to do?

Matt :party0023:

Thanks Matt, I was planning on doing the yellow and blue DVII with the dragon on the side. I really liked the look of artwork.

Cheers,

Wolf

I spent some time at the bench today and got a good start on adding some of the Taurus Models resin details for the 200HP Mercedes engine. The resin is softer than what I'm used to but is very easy to work with. The detail is incredible and considering the size of the pieces the detail is truly amazing. Well worth the price paid in my opinion! I'm really thankful for my 5 diopter magnifying lamp when working with this stuff, trust me! The accompanying pics have text added to explain what I did. Hopefully it all makes sense. None of the subassemblies has been glued together at this point to aid in detail painting the individual items. Next up will be the addition of the valve spring assemblies and the rocker arms. I also have the Taurus Models spark plugs, again very tiny and very detailed.

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-15_zpsc26915d8.jpg

Fokker-16_zpsa4c6491e.jpg

Fokker-17_zps3939e1c0.jpg

Fokker-18_zps8f7bc261.jpg

Fokker-19_zps758a0e82.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

You will be an expert by the end it his build!

Getting better each time I come by...

Super-duper über workmanship.

Keep it coming ..

:thumbsup:

Thanks Maru, so far it's been a lot of fun. The Taurus Models details add a lot to the kit engine and it'll look even better with paint ( hopefully soon ) and some weathering.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Enjoying all the added details and work, almost as much as you are. Awesome work.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn:

Thanks for checkin' in Peter, it has been a lot fun so far. I managed to get all the valve spring assemblies prepared and all the holes drilled to accept the valve spring assemblies. Once I know exactly how the rocker arms line up I can paint the rocker box assembly and all the other stuff associated with the valve train including the upper portions of the cylinders. Lots to do but I have tomorrow off so I should manage to make some good headway. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post too.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Looking forward to the next set of pics on the latest work so see how the rocker box assembly comes out. Should be a knockout.

We're starting to gear it up now at work and as compared to the amount of time I had for modeling over the winter, it is going to be quite a bit less, mostly just one weekend day. So my progress on Otto and the Spit are going to slow down quite a bit.

Keep 'em coming

Amazing - I was about to ask whether you would be using Taurus' products and Bang! there they were! Your build is so clean, so neat and so beguiling as always Wolf. I love watching your work (along with others) and will be following with huge interest !

I had a long discussion elsewhere about a product called Prym which I understand WnW's recommend for rigging - it has the same properties as E-Z line but, as Brian found out, takes paint a little better. I wondered whether you'd seen this?

Grant

PS: Glad to see Guy5y posting here - welcome Guy - he's a damn fine chap and I hope he feels at home here at LSP

Fantastic detail on that engine. The undulations on those manifold rings is just great. Pretty steady drilling and cutting hand to boot!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark, The extra bits from Taurus models are very nicely detailed indeed and way easier to use than trying to replicate the details myself. The drilling and cutting is done on the cylinder heads and there's just a little bit of detail that I want to add from scratch. It's hard for me to not go full bore on the engine as it's just so beautifully moulded. I want to represent the model with all the cowlings in place so it's pointless to go nuts on stuff that'll never be seen. Some stuff I'll add anyways, (AMS, I know) but it won't be like the Merlin.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Looking forward to the next set of pics on the latest work so see how the rocker box assembly comes out. Should be a knockout.

We're starting to gear it up now at work and as compared to the amount of time I had for modeling over the winter, it is going to be quite a bit less, mostly just one weekend day. So my progress on Otto and the Spit are going to slow down quite a bit.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks again Peter. Too bad that making a living seems to take away from the important stuff like model building, LOL! That said, Otto really doesn't look too far away from being done. The Spitfire, from my own experience,...........that's a whole different kettle of fish! Good luck with both.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks again Peter. Too bad that making a living seems to take away from the important stuff like model building, LOL! That said, Otto really doesn't look too far away from being done. The Spitfire, from my own experience,...........that's a whole different kettle of fish! Good luck with both.

Cheers,

Wolf

Great stuff Wolf. Those pics REALLY make me want to invest in all of the Taurus Models resin details for my next build!

Damn this AMS!!!!!

Edited by Out2gtcha

Amazing - I was about to ask whether you would be using Taurus' products and Bang! there they were! Your build is so clean, so neat and so beguiling as always Wolf. I love watching your work (along with others) and will be following with huge interest !

I had a long discussion elsewhere about a product called Prym which I understand WnW's recommend for rigging - it has the same properties as E-Z line but, as Brian found out, takes paint a little better. I wondered whether you'd seen this?

Grant

PS: Glad to see Guy5y posting here - welcome Guy - he's a damn fine chap and I hope he feels at home here at LSP

Grant, thanks for checking in. I saw the Taurus Models details on his website and decided very quickly I needed to add his details to my build. The detail is amazing, particularly the valve spring assemblies and you get both open and closed valve configurations and a diagram that shows which valves were open or closed so you get the valve timing correct. Class act!

I saw the thread regarding Prym on Brian's DH.2 build. The big difference between Prym and EZ Line is that Prym has a flat profile which represents flat wire rigging used on British aircraft and EZ Line has a round profile which matches the German bracing wire better. I have some rigging material that I bought a number of years ago through Aeroclub which I suspect is very similar to Prym and the EZ Line I bought from WnWs. The only issue I seem to have with EZ Line is that it seems too thin in my opinion especially if stretched out. I won't be puling much on it when I used it for the control cables. The EZ Line doesn't need any colouring added to it but the Aeroclub material does as it comes in white just like Prym.

I was also glad to see Guy post. He seemed a little hesitant to join in the discussion so I'm glad he did. I've found LSP a wonderful place to contribute to so hopefully he'll jump on the bandwagon too. :m0152:

Cheers,

Wolf

Great stuff Wolf. Those pics REALLY make me want to invest in all of the Taurus Models resin details for my next build!

Damn this AMS!!!!!

Oh believe me I know Brian, I keep looking at the limited reference material I have and think, "ok, I can add this and then I'll scratch build that but then I'll need to know this................... You get the idea. This one I want to complete within a couple of months time frame so I'm doin' it on the KISS program. Keep It Simple Stupid, LOL! In my opinion, the Taurus Models stuff is worth every penny. It falls in to the same category as Barracudacast stuff. Top notch details and perfectly cast.

Amazing work on your Mitchell too by the way, been following along on a daily basis! :popcorn:

Now I'm off to the work bench to see what I can get done.

Cheers,

Wolf