FE. 2b (early)

ladder4boy

Hi all.. since i'm going to be painting a ton of woodgrain during this GB, i figured i'd go ahead and "declare" this build before i got started too far into it.

SAM_0586_zps2ed39bba.jpg

Kind of deceptive when you order it.. but the box is almost as big as the Gotha and there's almost as many parts.. just the one engine tho.. but it's completely exposed. This sucker is almost as big as a Ju 87!

Will be building #4852 "C6", G&J Weir built, flown by B Irwin and FG Thierry, 23 Sqn, September 1916. I'm not a huge fan of PC10, and this one has the CDL wings and plenty of opportunities to play with some of that shading to show off the internal structure on the wings.. plus paint chipping and fading of the small amount of PC 10 on the fuselage. Lots of woodgrain on the inside of this one to show off, so i'll be using the Uschi decal on this one as well. other than that and some buckles, will be strictly OOB!

Updates on this will be few and far between until the Albi is done.

Cheers!

Jerry

Clunk.. Knock that D.V out and jump on it! I haven't seen many build logs on the Fee, so if we both build one we can drum up some interest and get some more examples built! Started cutting parts off the sprue last night and all the test fitting indicates typical snap-tight fit. A few issues which I'll have to address along the way, but nothing major.. Just some rivet detail that is a little jacked up.. But realistically it could be sanded off and no one would know it's supposed to be there. Got the day off due to Mother Nature raining on my work site, so off I go to the work bench!

Thanks for lookin'

Jerry

Ernie, on the bright side, you wouldn't have to paint it PC-10! Will be an interesting learning experience for me as we'll, as the flat rigging and double lines will be a new experience. It's always fun to share the JOY! of learning with somebody else!

teeny update, but it might show what artists call "my process". started doing this because i work at 3 separate locations.. home in the kitchen, in the garage "shop", and at work.. and it makes it easier for me to transport and keep up with stuff. I've also found it makes it easier to keep from breaking stuff off the sprues after i've opened the plastic. Starting with step one of the manual, i cut off all the pertinant parts for that step, clean them up, and glue up what i can into sub-assemblies if they're to be airbrushed the same color. Then i place them in the baggie (they sell these 100 for a dollar at hobby lobby), numbered with that step. then onto the next step.. and i continue till all the parts are in they're own little organized resting place.. all clean and ready for paint. then i take the remaining sprues and put them in a safe place in case i missed any parts. so, after about a day and a half of work, we've taken the first picture and reduced it to this....

SAM_0595_zps3aadf88f.jpg

next thing will be to open up baggie #1 and 2 and start painting all the relative parts, then assemble. works well for me on wingnut kits cuz most of the parts fit only 1 way so you don't have to come up with a method of labeling strut 10 from strut 19.

and i'm done sanding seam lines and ejector pin marks! :yahoo:

cheers

Jerry