NF-104A Aerospace trainer in 1:18 scale

Menelaos

Like it so far? I LOVE IT SO FAR!!! This is some serious eye-candy, can't wait to see some more! How is it to paint over the foil? DO you have to worry about the masking material lifting the foil?

TNX guys....

yes, that's right the foil is very sensitive by masking the surface and cover it with adhesive tape...

I have no exp. with gloss clear over the metal foil...I have to make some "dry" runs first....

any experts for this? it will be very welcome...

to be cont.

Edited by Menelaos

some progression on the wings...I put the 1:18 selfmade decals on their place... note the USAF was in black not in dark blue and the under wing surfaces were ADC grey (humbrol 146)....

DSCN6385_zps8e997b35.jpg

DSCN6387_zps9ac35e73.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

Wow, thank you Sir ! Just plain purdy. I'm just sitting here staring at it. Never seen a real jet on a red carpet before.Fantastic job, mate.....Harv :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk:

working on a big aircraft model that is not painted (natural metal...) means you must make almost every rivet.... because you see them in reality as well...

oh well...I started with an easy corner...the hor. stabilator...

DSCN6470_zps793fcb88.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

folks, here comes a first attemp to simulate the typical AB region of the 104.... The dark regions must be polished yet ... I don't know but I have a feeling that they are too dark... what do you think?

DSCN6548_zpsea2757e2.jpg

DSCN6549_zpsa05a4c47.jpg

DSCN6550_zps761c5024.jpg