krow113

NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

Problem is, we're all (OK mostly all) using western logic when what

we need to understand is Tamiya logic. All of the popular mainstream

historically significant a/c have already been done by Tamiya in 1/48

so they're not just upscaling kits that we think would be big sellers.

They apparently don't care about what's already on the market or what's

'coming soon' (ZM?). The only real constant in the recent 1/32 line is

WWII. Pattern logic points to a 109G-6. Does the pattern continue with

a Mc205 ?, a Mig3 or Yak6 ? or does it shift to other second string a/c like

Corsairs or P-47s or Hurricanes ... (oooo!! did he say second string ?) :DodgeBall:

that wouldn't fit the pattern but would sell like hotcakes.

It's fun to guess but only Mr Tamiya (and his inner circle) knows for sure.

I really wonder if they will expand on the Merlin? two of the last three WW2 releases use that basic engine with different sprues offered to suit the plane.

Just thinking out loud. Really hoping for a Corsair myself. A 109 would be a personal disappointment, it would be highly unlikely that I would purchase any 109 variant, I have built enough of them and have a few in the stash still. A Fw-190 in any radial powered version would have my wallet out though.

Ron

Personally I don't care what it will be. I will be getting one but only when my stash is under control, specifically when its under half a dozen. At the current rate of consumption that's likely to be in mid 2014!

So, I can wait but I wonder what if anything, will bump it down the wish list!

well, since Trumpeter covered the late version of F4U Corsair, maybe they will release the early versions of that aircraft in 32nd! After all thedid a great work in their 48th scale models! But even a Hurricane will be a fantastic release! The old Revell kit needs a lot of work and plenty of phyciatric pills to be built!! Il-2 Sturmovic in 32nd???? :wicked:

Guest Peterpools

I am curious as to why at the Nuremberg Toy Show, nothing was shown of their 2013 32nd scale kit. Is this normal for Tamiya?

:mental:

Guest Peterpools

Sound re-assuring but when is the show?

Thank you for the information

Guest TimC

Sound re-assuring but when is the show?

Thank you for the information

the Shizuoka show is usually the first part of May.

well, since Trumpeter covered the late version of F4U Corsair, maybe they will release the early versions of that aircraft in 32nd! After all thedid a great work in their 48th scale models! But even a Hurricane will be a fantastic release! The old Revell kit needs a lot of work and plenty of phyciatric pills to be built!! Il-2 Sturmovic in 32nd???? :wicked:

True, but Trumpy did their 1/32nd -1 before the -4 IIRC. Trumpy also put out a D model mustang that was regarded fairly widely (along with the -1 Corsair) as sorta-kinda-too-much-AM-to-add-to-be-good kinda kit, but it didnt seem to stop Tamiya from releasing a D model mustang.

Im hoping this same holds true for the -1 (hell or even -4 or -5) as Id take ANY 1/32 Tamiya Corsair of ANY variant.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

May ... I hope my nerves can hold out until the show and announcement

Although I would love to see a new Corsair or FW, couldn't "new kit" just as easily mean a Korean War F-51D? The extra parts in their P-51 kits seem to point to it. Or did he actually say 'new 1/32nd aircraft" in stead of new kit?

Guest TimC

True, but Trumpy did their 1/32nd -1 before the -4 IIRC. Trumpy also put out a C model mustang that was regarded fairly widely (along with the -1 Corsair) as sorta-kinda-too-much-AM-to-add-to-be-good kinda kit, but it didnt seem to stop Tamiya from releasing a C model mustang.

Im hoping this same holds true for the -1 (hell or even -4 or -5) as Id take ANY 1/32 Tamiya Corsair of ANY variant.

Me thinks he means a "D" Mustang.