NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

Yes!! I hope an F4U-1D myself at 32nd!! But in the end it might be a big surprise! Who whould have thought a few years ago that Tamiya would release a kit like the Skyray? Nowadays, everything is a possibility but the year Skyray was released was a great shock, i think!! So...... :BANGHEAD2:

I an curious as to what logic all you Corsair guessers are using to come up with that guess? As much as I would like one, it just doesn't seem to fit the pattern :)

Doug

Bear Doug, once somebody said, who knows mr Tamiya in person, that his favourite aircraft is the F4U! Maybe......

I am not crazy about it cos also a Hurricane would have been great news!! :whistle:

I an curious as to what logic all you Corsair guessers are using to come up with that guess? As much as I would like one, it just doesn't seem to fit the pattern :)

Doug

I'm curious as to what pattern leads you to think they're touring the countries. I get your logic behind them doing a German subject next, but thus far, Tamiya has continually proven to not follow any pattern. I mean the recent 1:48 Il2 should be evidence enough.

I also think because there is so much coverage existing on 109s and 190s, that would be a reason for them NOT to do it. Yes, anything Tamiya would release would be far superior to anything currently availble, but it would also become a share of the market sort of issue for them. They come out with a $150+ 109 (of any variant), would it really sell well enough when there are hoards of $70 109s out there at half the price (or less)?

The other thing is that they seem to follow Mr. Tamiya's lead on pretty much any decision, and it's LONG been documented that he has a love of the Corsair. So, my belief is that they will follow the pattern of doing what Mr. Tamiya wants, and that my best guess for that would be a Corsair.

We can debate it at length at the Atlanta show while we're vending!

Corsair.......................

Tamiya has a reputation for taking their time..... with Trumpeter and the likes flooding the market with their recent set of releases - the decision for a new project needs to be carefully considered.

My guess is Tamiya will either go for a Luftwaffe a/c - probably a Anton - or a USN - probably a Corsair.

As much as I would like a MkII Hurricane (used in a number of areas in WW2) - I don't think it is a likely choice.

Problem is, we're all (OK mostly all) using western logic when what

we need to understand is Tamiya logic. All of the popular mainstream

historically significant a/c have already been done by Tamiya in 1/48

so they're not just upscaling kits that we think would be big sellers.

They apparently don't care about what's already on the market or what's

'coming soon' (ZM?). The only real constant in the recent 1/32 line is

WWII. Pattern logic points to a 109G-6. Does the pattern continue with

a Mc205 ?, a Mig3 or Yak6 ? or does it shift to other second string a/c like

Corsairs or P-47s or Hurricanes ... (oooo!! did he say second string ?) :DodgeBall:

that wouldn't fit the pattern but would sell like hotcakes.

It's fun to guess but only Mr Tamiya (and his inner circle) knows for sure.

yes Ads

Nobody suggested the Saab Viggen.... but it pretty much has to be an early Spitfire or P-51B or a Corsair, given their WWII concentration lately. Have they run through all of the P-51D alternatives? I really don't count them as new.

Tnarg