Foiled HKM B-25J Strafer - 345th BG Air Apaches - Lady LiL

Out2gtcha

Well boys, the Lady is DONE!

DSC01525.jpg

Brian - that is simply spectacular

I have never seen a natural metal finish look so.... well... natural... the markings, the weathering, the 'presence' are all showstopping - it's been a pleasure to watch

..all set to tune in to the next one :popcorn:

Peter

This ended up absolutely beautiful Brian. You should be proud of everything you've done on this. Your Mitchell really blew mine out of the water, with all of that work that went into the foiling. Can't wait to see your next build, looks like it will be a much smaller build.

Matt :party0023:

Well Brian, all that I can say is:

:clap2: :thumbsup: :bow: :goodjob:

(Best metal foiling I have ever seen, bar none!)

Derek

Thanks Derek! Im not sure its the best I have ever seen, but I think its the best I have ever done.

Okay, that really is impressive! I must say that after seeing your and Matt's B-25, this kit really looks the part! Congratulations on a wonderfull build! I'm sure it will make other modellers buy the kit and build it as well.

And what is going to be the project for the next six months?

Nic

Thanks Nic. :) Not sure how long it will take, but its going to be MUCH smaller (and by comparison) MUCH simpler and hopefully quicker. Its going to be one of the new(ish) tool Has Fw-190 A-8s w/the Black Dog R/2 resin conversion and a whole SLEW of AM thrown at it.

I doff my hat to you Sir!!

J

Thanks Jerry. :D Coming from a legend in the hobby, ill take that ANY day!

Brian,

Just a thought.... I found that a Soccer field makes a great background for photo shoots. The one I use has an outhouse with a concrete walk around it. It makes a great flight line image with very little in the background to distract from the picture. Plus, it is an outdoor shot.....

IMG_0782.jpg

Ken

Wow, thats actually a great idea Ken. Ive been struggling with where/how to get the big beast in frame for RFI pics, and that may be one of the only ways. I might even be able to take it to one of the local airports or another out-door area and do the same thing.

This has been a really inspirational build! Beautiful work!

Thanks! very kind of you to say Chango. Welcome to the forums btw.............. ;)

Stellar job Brian. Simply stunning...

Much appreciated and kind words Geoff! Thanks mate. :)

Totally Spanked that Bad girl!!!! You know how I feel. :bow:

Haha! Thanks man. :lol:

Brian - that is simply spectacular

I have never seen a natural metal finish look so.... well... natural... the markings, the weathering, the 'presence' are all showstopping - it's been a pleasure to watch

..all set to tune in to the next one :popcorn:

Peter

Thanks Peter, that really is quite a compliment, coming from a caliber of modeler as yourself. I can learn a lot from someone like you, as I just cant get things as neat and/or clean as you get them mate!

This ended up absolutely beautiful Brian. You should be proud of everything you've done on this. Your Mitchell really blew mine out of the water, with all of that work that went into the foiling. Can't wait to see your next build, looks like it will be a much smaller build.

Matt :party0023:

Thanks Matt! I dont agree that mine is better than yours or anyones really. Its all our own art (so-to-speak) and we spend a TON of time, money, passion and devotion on this hobby, and its all about making ourselves happy.

Cheers guys!

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Just an amazing journey and I'm so glad I was able to be enjoy and learn form each update. Brilliant dopesn't even come close as the level and quality of the build is simply par excellence!

Buddy, just simply awesome work.

Thanks for sharing.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks so much guys. :D I just finished the B-25 build review for PCM/LSP/HKM and sent it off to K1. Kev will sort it out when he gets home and should be up for a look-see at some point in the next few days.

Cheers guys

Brian, I couldn't possibly add any more than whats been said. I am very glad to see the lady in all her shinny splendor. Excellent modeling. You sir, are the foiler king !.......Harv :goodjob: :m0152: :yahoo: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk:

Thanks Harv!

*SIGH*

Some days you JUST cant win. Woke up a little later than expected from my 3rd shift nap to find things quite overcast. Perfect for taking out door pics of a highly reflective (still even after graining) model, and got about 4 RFI pics in before it started F@#%*ing raining.

I really had to calm myself after that one. :BANGHEAD2:

Almost was like getting "road rage" for a min there. Hopefully will have some actual RFI shots soon...........thanks again guys.

Cheers

I have followed this along from the beginning but have not commented as I was afraid I would run out of adjectives and in the end, I still don't have any that seem to fit. It has been an educational, inspirational and totally amazing build. Thanks for sharing it with us !