WNW Fokker D.VII (O.A.W.)

m.robeson

This will be my first build posted to this forum. I'm going to be building the beautiful Wingnut Wings D.VII (O.A.W.) that my wonderful son (scvrobeson) bought me for Christmas. He also bought me the Fighting Fokkers part 4 decal set, so I might be using the Sieben Schwabians scheme from that sheet. Pictures to follow soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a newbe question: What does (OAW) mean?

Will

Will, here's a passage excerpted from Wingnut Wings' own page for this kit (emphasis mine):

So great was the need for this promising new fighter that, in addition to production at Fokker, Albatros were ordered to manufacture it under license at their Johannisthal (Alb) and Schneidemühl (OAW - Ostdeutsche Albatros Werke) factories, incidentally building nearly twice the number of D.VII as Fokker!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't posted any pix yet, but I repacked the sprues wrong and shattered both of the side frames and one of the cabane struts. I just received a replacement sprue in the post today, so I can finally get started on my build.

After seeing how well my son's D.VII went together, I'm really excited to begin.

As promised, I was finally able to get some work done on my D.VII. While I was waiting for a replacement Sprue B, I was able to get some other sub-assemblies taken care of. I painted the floor and instrument board, and put them together. I put together the fuel tank and ammo boxes, and got them painted up. I also put the wings together and cleaned up the seams, and started painting some of the engine components. And today, I was able to paint the side frames and engine mounts, so pictures are below.

FokkerDVIIOAW020_zps687f56c6.jpg

FokkerDVIIOAW029_zpsd5d4bf26.jpg

FokkerDVIIOAW023_zpsf164ef41.jpg

FokkerDVIIOAW013_zpse228cafe.jpg

FokkerDVIIOAW009_zps93e581db.jpg

FokkerDVIIOAW014_zps9281f545.jpg

FokkerDVIIOAW016_zps75e8bb3b.jpg

Beautiful start! I'm looking forward to seein' more. :popcorn: Which scheme are you planning on doing?

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf. I'm going to be doing one of the schemes from WingNuts' Fighting Fokkers Pt 4, the Seven Swabians. That's one of my favorite D.VII schemes, so I couldn't resist when WNW released it on the add-on sheet.

Guest Peterpools

Nice start on the Fokker and you're now on your way. Especially like the appearance of the wood grain .

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Guest Peterpools

Welcome aboard and my apologies for not realizing you're Matt's Dad, as I should should have read the comments a bit more carefully. When Matt first told me about the Fokker and that you would be joining in, I thought it was a grand idea. Looking forward to following your progress. :rolleyes:

:popcorn: :popcorn: