DH9 -NINAK

Squito2340

The beginnings.... fuselage assembled for fit and as expected a very tight fit... so I decided to paint the base colour with the bits fitted together. I've also included a couple of other bits that were painted at the same time. PLease tell me if I'm overdoing the photo bit.

IMG_5898_zpsc8d0b117.jpg

IMG_5901_zps889ed57c.jpg

IMG_5918_zpsbfdd4797.jpg

IMG_5919_zpsbcfe4604.jpg

Edited by LSP_Kevin

I'm doing something wrong with these photos. Don't seem to be able to get them to show on the page. Sorry I'll keep trying

Hi Jeremy,

You're actually pasting in links the Photobucket web pages for your images, rather than the images themselves I tried to fix the first one but failed. I'll have another go with the others and be back with a link to our tutorial about how to do this.

Kev

. PLease tell me if I'm overdoing the photo bit.

Nope. The more the merrier. Post as many images as you like Jeremy. If you keep each file size reasonable then seeing each step of the process becomes more enlightening.

If you select the link with IMG tags at either end in PB and copy it, all you need to do is paste that into your text. The image will show automatically. HTH

Cheers.

Alright. Lets see how this goes.... Leathering up the seat and backrest, wooden effect on the side walls, contrasting wooden effect for framing ( one completed and one not) and engine bearers. Simple use of raw sienna, burnt sienna and burnt umber over humbrol light wood.

IMG_5948_zps2c8d679a.jpg

IMG_5951_zps82af33ca.jpg

IMG_5952_zps5e14f5b6.jpg

IMG_5953_zpse22c54b3.jpg

This one is actually lighter in the flesh

That Liberty engine is a honking big piece of machinery.

The contrast of the DH-9 and earlier aircraft is pretty stark.

Which version are you going to do?

I did the USMC one. Gotta get another one of those!

Tim W.

Doing the early version. More than likely 'Hyderabad' or E8483 scheme as outlined in the instructions. Plenty of time to think about it as the oils will take a while to dry.Removed a thin layer of the paint tonight to refine the wood grain effect ( one of the advantages if oils). Didn't want to over do this thinking that wood grain would be almost imperceptible in 32nd scale.

Edited by Squito2340