WNW Hannover CLII

TimW

That's a shame. It seems like the stocks are back to normal here in California at least. Try looking on eBay, I've started finding people that stock Mr. Color paint on there, and I've never had problems with it.

I'm liking the work Tim. I almost bought myself the Hannover, but I might go get the Snipe instead now that it's out.

Matt :party0023:

Oh, yes. The late model Snipe (which will be done up as the Soviet air service one) is a birthday present request....

Tim W.

• 2 weeks later...

OK..pictures soon, I promise. I was a bit surprised to find I have to paint the center wing section myself with lozenge....I think it came out OK.

Lots of down time waiting for the decals to dry on this one, but it'll be worth it!

Tim W.

• 2 weeks later...

Lozenge Madness! I had to paint the center section....I think it came out OK. There are a few dings on the lozenge decals, but easily fixable.

Feb2013018_zpsa2efc64a.jpg

Feb2013019_zpscaca8986.jpg

Feb2013020_zpsaf47e311.jpg

Edited by TimW

Cool........................nice work Tim!

I have actually thought about buying this kit, but have been scared off, as the scheme (s) I like all involve painting lozenge areas.

How did you go about masking and painting that area?

Doing great work here btw!

Cool........................nice work Tim!

I have actually thought about buying this kit, but have been scared off, as the scheme (s) I like all involve painting lozenge areas.

How did you go about masking and painting that area?

Doing great work here btw!

For the center wing lozenge, I have to admit I painted it freehand. I looked at what the profile called for and sketched it on with a pencil. Then painted the rest, doing touch ups as needed.

I still have to do the underside center section.

The need of having to do that to the fuselage for some of the other versions is what made me go with this particular one!

Cheers,

Tim W.

Why not use the WNW "extra" lozenge decals? Just curious.

A fair question--they are the wrong size and are basically set up as swatches of canvas with the stitching lines between sections included.

The center-wing section and fuselage were a larger, different lozenge pattern that was painted on.

If you look at the wing shots, you can see how they are larger--the extra decals in the kit don't match that pattern (believe me, I thought about ways to avoid painting them).

Regards,

Tim W.

• 3 weeks later...

That is gorgeous work! It makes me wanna dive into my one in the stash. I love the handpainted lozenge. I seriously thought about the gray/white version, but I'm gonna save that scheme for the Roland Whale when it comes out someday. I can't decide what color scheme to use on my Hannover....

I know the feeling! I really hope they do release a Wahlfisch--that would be excellent. I was originally going to do the Bavarian Hannover, but after painting the mid wing lozenge, I really wasn't keen on doing the fuselage stuff, too.

I still need to do the strut lozenge touch-ups on this one!

Tim W.