WNW Hannover CLII

TimW

Basic interior work underway (pictures soon, of course).

Engine gives you a choice of molded pistons or scratch-building your own...time to dig out that .05mm brass rod I have laying around somewhere.

Version? Dunno, apart from it'll be one of the lozenge-y ones!

Stay tuned,

Tim W.

Looking forward to this one! I'm rather fond of lozenge-y ones.. Can't believe I don't have one in my stash yet. Thinking that watching you work your magic on this one will convince me to go buy one!

Cheers,

Jerry

Speedy progress Tim :goodjob:

One thing that I find particularly attractive about aeroplanes of this era is the combination of materials and textures. Looking at your interior shots shows wood, canvas, metal and who knows what else..... :)

So much for the modeller to get their teeth into.

Keep it up.

Speedy progress Tim :goodjob:

One thing that I find particularly attractive about aeroplanes of this era is the combination of materials and textures. Looking at your interior shots shows wood, canvas, metal and who knows what else..... :)

So much for the modeller to get their teeth into.

Keep it up.

Yep. And each aircraft has something different.

The Hannover has always been a favorite of mine, so this one has been especially fun. The lozenge is going to be and adventure...

Tim W.

Wow - looking great and speeding right along! You will have the fuse closed in no-time!

Love this airplane though the lozenge on the fuse kinda worries me - not sure how I would do that so I am interested to see how you accomplish that

Luckily for me (and you and others!) WNW provides extensive lozenge decals. I've just started applying the ones for the tail surfaces--as long as they go on over a gloss-finished paint, they work very well.

The aft section of the fuselage is also provided, so you can do the blend to the dark blue overspray/camo relatively trouble free.

WNW thinks of just about everything!

Tim W.

A busy week...for work, not models unfortunately.

In the process of doing some of the lozenge decaling, which is going better than expected. I will have pictures shortly. The only minor issue I have had is that some of the overlap (e.g., the stuff that folds over the leading and trailing edges of the control surfaces) tends to fold back on itself rather than wrap-around.

A minor issue, remedied by paying attention and lots of solvent.

Stay tuned.

Also, does anybody know what color the walkways on the lower wing are supposed to be? There are no painting instructions I could find in the plans.

Cheers,

Tim W.

The fold back thing happened to me with my D.Xll as well. I didn't see it till morninmg and cussed a blue streak.

I love your work with the radio. It looks awesome. I have this kit in my stash, and I like it alot. I'm kinda unsure of the lozenge as well, so I'm gonna wait and see what others do with theirs.

great work, by the way!

Ernie

Thanks!

I think I can touch up the lozenge malfunctions...it was frustrating, though. I also wrapped Tamiya tape around the radiator line and then globbed on some liquid Mr. Surfacer to recreate the Asbestos wrapping. I like how it came out.

TW

Mr. Surfacer? Ok, out with it! Where are you finding Mr. Surfacer in the USA? Around here, it's extinct, and the mail order houseswere backordered last I looked..

That's a shame. It seems like the stocks are back to normal here in California at least. Try looking on eBay, I've started finding people that stock Mr. Color paint on there, and I've never had problems with it.

I'm liking the work Tim. I almost bought myself the Hannover, but I might go get the Snipe instead now that it's out.

Matt :party0023: