Tamiya Spitfire Mk. IXc UPDATE 4/20/13 Complete and in the books.

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Harv

Appreciate the comments so very much. Looking forward to the home stretch now and finishing up the Spit.

Oh, she looks good indeed! I have heard about those Tamiya decals being a real PITA, too bad really as the rest of the kit is aces. I wonder who prints them, as the decals in the Tamiya 1/48 kits I used to build were very good if a little on the thick side.

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Frank. I'm not sure who printed Tamiya's decals for the Spit, but the shattering and cracking s a first for me. I was pretty lucky that I decided right at the start to use set of Eagle Cals Decals for the build, as they came to the rescue.

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ron, much appreciated.

Sure hope all the surprises are done and over with, as the build is finally approaching the final stages.

Well done sir....maybe decals are a little too thick, and doesnt work....

I had the same problem with my 1/48 revell seasprite... decal sucks...

I aplied them without any softer and covered with varnish until the decal and fuselage went to the same level...

BTW. I use walters solvaset, its strong stuff, but diluting with water makes the job...

Shep

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Shep for the advice and kind words.

I'm thinking that I should have added a few drops of Solvaset to the the soak water and then used some on the decals as well. Normally, I don't need to resort to Solvaset but this time around, I should have.

Edited by Peterpools

Peter, great work so far my friend!!!

One mistake though, i dont know if you can fix it now, may be with some paint? The black line that run the upper surface of the wing should not run over the roundel, as far as i know. Maybe someone else has different opinion, but this is what i discovered when i was building mine.

John

That's too bad about the decals man, but it looks like you got it all wrestled into place. I've never seen something like that happen to Tamiya decals, hopefully it's just a one-off problem. Any plans to blend the decals into the paintwork, I think that would be the icing on the weathering cake.

Keep up the great work buddy, it's looking awesome.

Matt :party0023: