Sign in to follow this  
Maketar Productions

So, what happened with Maketar?

Hi everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, i've been away for some time now and as i see some of you are getting frustrated for me not responding to emails, PM's and posts... you have every right to!!!

So what happend, for those who care, here's what,

Maketar Paint Masks was never actually intended to be a company existing just to earn money. It all started as a simple wish to help improve my own techniques and little by little i started producing masks for other modellers as well.

Apart from being a modeller, i am 3D computer artist and my company does work for some of the worlds most famous companies. In recent years i had more than enough free time for scale modelling by having reliable people running the busines. All that changed when my company has been aworded a HUGE job for UK govt in august 2012 which should run until april 2014 but this time i had to take part in this one. Everything runs smoothly and good so far but with me being in the office from 7am to 12am or longer.

I greatly miss the time with my familly, with my 2 year old son and of course, LSP and modelling but thats all life i guess.

I am not complaining or anything like that, in these times its good to have enough work but i still waiting for this one to end :-)

To everyone who got frustrated, angry, worried... for me not responding, i am still alive and sort of well :-)

Please accept my apoligies!

Thanks to everyone for understanding.

P.S. good friend of mine is currently working on more interesting mask sets, he's taking his time in sorting everything out while waiting for my return.

Maketar WILL be back soon ;-)

Thanks for posting about your status Alek. Hopefully things will return to normal for you soon and we'll see you back building models and making mask sets. Can't wait to see that book of yours too. B)

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Alex

Thank you for bring us up to date on your status. Glad to see your are busy and won a huge contract. Like the old saying goes: make hay when you can. Work and family comes first. Modelling will always be there when you have the time

Good luck

Peter

Glad to hear your company won a large and lucrative contract, sure helps pay the bills!

Also happy to hear Maketar is still around, I bought some national insignia masks from you last month and am VERY happy with their quality.

To everyone who got frustrated, angry, worried... for me not responding, i am still alive and sort of well :-)

Please accept my apoligies!

Thanks to everyone for understanding.

P.S. good friend of mine is currently working on more interesting mask sets, he's taking his time in sorting everything out while waiting for my return.

Maketar WILL be back soon ;-)

Hello,

Im glad to hear you are still alive and well.

Your statement of "Maketar Paint Masks was never actually intended to be a "real" company " is rather worring to me!

On 27/12/2012 I placed an order with Maketar and paid for it instantly with PayPal, as of 19/01/2013 I have not received any Items ordered from you!

I have tried several times to contact Maketar using various contact address, but you have failed to relpy to any of the messages I have sent.

Can you please explain to me, why if you are too busy with other comitments, that you still allow your website http://shop.maketar.com/ to be open for trade and allow people to place orders and pay for goods?

After I'd paid for my order, I instantly received an email from Maketar confirming my order and payment, but you have not replied once to any of my enquiries since then.

Allowing your Website to still take orders and payments, whilst in your own words, not having enough time to honour them, is at best irresponsible and bordering on fraudulent.

Please can you confirm to me that you will either send me the items I have ordered, or you will refund my payment.

Thank you

S.R.

Alek,

Hope the new project in the UK is going well.good luck.

So you still look after the administration and other things keeping things running , like orders etc while you are away.

Or is is temporarily closed due to other commitments.

Bye, thank you

Edited by MARU5137

Update to my earlier post.

No items were ever received from Maketar Masks!

A claim was filed with PayPay, and a full refund was issued.

Buyer Beware!

S.R.

Hi Everyone,

I cannot even sum up in words how much i am sorry to let some of you down with this situation that caught me unprepared. Yes, MAKETAR shop was opened until a few days ago as i was hoping to manage all the orders i got, unfortunately i was not able to make it with all of them. I completely understand you anger and disappointment and again, I kindly ask all of you for your understanding of my ongoing situation.

To everyone who has placed order between January 1st and March 10th - PLEASE: Ask for a full refund trough a PayPal system and full amount will be refunded instantly!!!

I will say this again, MAKETAR is just temporarily closed and we WILL be back shortly with loads of new masks sets and our “pre-2013” super-fast delivery everyone used to!

Once again, PLEASE accept my most sincere apologies for this inconvenience!

With kind regards,

Alek

Hello Alek, I am happy to hear that Maketar will be back, as your masks are very good indeed. I have used your national insignia masks cut from rice tape and they are the best IMHO.