Revell He-219 Upgrades

Uncarina

I have just been doing some digging over on the LEMB, and on the back of that, ordered the Ferguson book from WingLeader books (they have no plans for a reprint btw).

Anyway, I have seen a number of pictures of 219s near the war's end in both Prague and Cheb airfields...but they all seem to be A-0s...so it looks like it has to be the Z-m kit for me (I can hear the crooks at the Post Office rubbing their hands even as I type 😠)

Still, I imagine most of the upgrades mentioned here can be used with the Zoukei kit I guess, should they be needed.

I know SB.com is carrying the ZM line now and I have to assume once things get out and settled, that they will be handling the He 219 as well.

Would a ZM 219 from SB.com be any cheaper than going through Volks or is it all about the UK gov/VAT/Taxes?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sadly :( shipping pretty much any kit across the pond makes it a no go, and we would still get pounded for customs charges, unless the value is *ahem* 'conservatively estimated' if you see what I mean.

As someone pointed out (in this thread, or the other one), the sensible thing for anyone in the UK to do if they want the Z-m kit is hold out until Telford...

For the past 2 years they have had Ta 152s at £75 a pop which, if you are there already, is a fair price I reckon.

Thanks again' now back to my nightshift! ;)

Nick, Graham at Relishmodels was doing the Navy Spad for £150 (currently awaiting new stock)

I don't know how this equates against getting one from abroad after shipping and the Post Office pirates have taken their cut.

But I would hope he will get the 219 in for sale eventually.

Depending on his price and taking into account what you might pay for one from ZM, it might be worth dropping him a line to get an idea of a price.

I'm not affiliated to him in any way but he's a top bloke normally with next day delivery.

Swings and Roundabouts methinks!

cheers Phil, yes i have purchased before from Graham - very happy customer.

back to the A-0, i am still waiting for definitive confirmation either way on differences (or not) between the A-0 and A-2 onwards engine nacelles...

Or just buy the ZM kit.... :)

Just kidding: Revell is really doing a brilliant job!

I wish I could get th ZM kit, but I am a modeler with a budget ie. father, husband. So I have to buy cheaper kits, then go the aftermarket route. I bought my 219 on ebay for $56.00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I reckon either of the ZM or Revell kits will be easier to build and more accurate than my I.D. Models vac kit...

Kev

Too true... but it won't stop you from building it. I have the Combat kit so, hopefully, someone will create a cockpit and prop set and I can use the extra bits to build both.

Don't forget the new decal sets. (AIMS & EagleCals)