New: 1/32 F-15 ANG Decals

phantom

• 2 months later...

Nice looking decal sets.

We don't see enough big Eagles being built so perhaps these will encourage more modellers to build the large scale F-15's.

Are there any other Eagle schemes in the pipe or does it depend on how well these sell?

He is also going to do 1/32 A6 decals and I believe ANG Phantoms.

Mike

With you on that one - would especially like to see ANG F-4C/Ds in 16473 aircraft grey liveries, such as Oregon, Texas, North Dakota and Minnesota Guards in 1/32. Have waited ten years for those!

The F-15 is a very big model in 1/32, so not the kind of subject to be built in series like the F-4, although it's really cool to see these Eagle sheets. Will probably get the Red Hawks Oregon sheet. A-6 is going to be a whopper, but the folded wings option gives it a smaller footprint so two-three are probably doable.

Tony T

The F-15 is a very big model in 1/32, so not the kind of subject to be built in series like the F-4,

Tony T

Hi Tony,

I'm going to surprise you now. The two aircraft are very similar in length and span. It's only the height to the tip of the tails that differs significantly

Eagle= Length : 63'9" , Span : 42'10" , Height : 18'6" (in old money)

Phantom= Length : 63'0" , Span : 38'4 1/2" , Height : 16'6"

That makes the Eagle about 1 1/2" wider than the Phantom and a smidge (technical measurement) longer in 1/32nd scale.

So now you know, you can build just as many Eagles as Phantoms for the same amount of real estate :innocent:

I can't even begin to recall how many e-mails I have sent to decal manufacturers requesting ANG markings for the F-4 Phantom in 1/32nd scale. There are so many colorful choices! Hopefully they will finally be made available.

Mark Proulx

Hi Tony,

I'm going to surprise you now. The two aircraft are very similar in length and span. It's only the height to the tip of the tails that differs significantly

Eagle= Length : 63'9" , Span : 42'10" , Height : 18'6" (in old money)

Phantom= Length : 63'0" , Span : 38'4 1/2" , Height : 16'6"

That makes the Eagle about 1 1/2" wider than the Phantom and a smidge (technical measurement) longer in 1/32nd scale.

So now you know, you can build just as many Eagles as Phantoms for the same amount of real estate :innocent:

F-4s have folding wings, F-15s don't.

I can fit two folded jets on an Ikea Ivar 40x80cm shelf, but only one F-15. The whole F-15 tail assembly is also chunkier, including a need for more vertical tail and canopy clearance, requiring extra vertical spacing between shelves.

I guess it all comes down to what shelving you use!

Tony T