F-4B Phantom II Cockpit: Update 04/18/15

Barry

Well I did not get anything done on my F-8E Crusader project while I've been off for the past two weeks but I did jump into mastering an F-4B (early) Cockpit in conjunction with Derek B's F-4B Conversion.

First are shots taken with Harold's MB H-5 Ejection seat then without. I have adjusted colors and contrast to try and show details.
I also had trouble getting the camera to focus on the left hand console. I will get better photos when I pull it apart.

P1030002A.jpg

P1030003A.jpg

P1030004A.jpg
P1030005A.jpg
P1030007A.jpg

P1030009A.jpg

P1030012A.jpg

P1030006A.jpg

All pieces are temp installed and require final fitting and tweaking. Parts are designed to convert a Tamiya kit cockpit in this case I've used a C/D as that will be the basis for Derek's conversion. This does require modification of the kit tub.

It is not done but I am very interested in your feedback.

Derek has indicated that this will be offered as a seperate kit for those with CE or CAM F-4B conversion sets. I know that he has not decided on a set including the tub or just the pieces required to convert the kit tub he is seeing this for the first time also!

Once I take it all apart "again" I will get some photos of the modifications needed to convert the tub. It really boils down to how accurate you want it to be and how much effort you are willing to put into to it yourself.

Let me hear from you!
Barry

Edited by Barry

Sweet :goodjob:

Thank you for posting that Barry - a picture certainly does paint a thousand words in this case. I will be particularly interested to see the breakdown of the parts and exactly what modifications to the cockpit tub you envision the modeller to make?

I appreciate that this is still very much a WIP situation for you, and that the final master patterns will be substantially more detailed, but it does indeed show how clean and effective your work is and provides a very good 'feel' for how the set shall eventually look. I also forgot just how nice Harold's seat is! Like you, I am also interested in the feedback from LSP members.

Regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Very nice and clean Barry. You are on the right track. Keep in mind how the individual parts will have to be cast without losing details. That is about all I can say right now. I know your work, so carry on.

Hey, I am keeping my C/D in anticipation of this, ordered the B decals from Hannants, and am getting the USMC pylons/bombs sprues from Tamiya to convert my Navy J to Jarhead J. So I'M ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152:

Easy there BiG Bill, you might throw something out doing all that jumping! LOL

Hi Barry (and all)

Nice job and thank you for touching this.

Since Phantom is my all time most beloved airplane I appreciate anything released for it. If the good Lord lets me live that long I will surely take two sets.

Bill, you speak about CAM decals for the B you are going to order?

Jozef