Hasegawa P-47D - 134 Sqn RAF SEAC

Iain

Hi folks,

Trying to get mojo back - here's a P-47 I acquired a few years ago part built and painted. Have stripped all the old paint and she's now being re-done as an RAF SEA airframe courtesy of Freightdogs decals and a very usefull book on RAF P-47s

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7878.jpg

Have fun!

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Along with my P-26/Model 281 build I've been drawing up and printing decals tonight - needed a serial and the aircraft code letters in the (unusual) pale blue used by most of the SEA 'Bolts. Unfortunately you can't see the pale blue on the white - but they are there - honestly!!

Combining these with the excellent Freightdog sheet:

IMG_7887.jpg

More soon!

Iain

Ident stripes painted - just need to mask and paint the gear bays again - then mask the upper surface ident stripes and spray the brown and green disruptive pattern:

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

More later in the week...

Iain

Coming along nicely Iain! I really must have a go at this make-your-own-decals lark. My problem is that I don't have an inkjet printer. Does anybody make laser-compatible decal paper? Even then, I'm still limited to only black output (OK for serials and codes I guess).

Kev

Coming along nicely Iain! I really must have a go at this make-your-own-decals lark. My problem is that I don't have an inkjet printer. Does anybody make laser-compatible decal paper? Even then, I'm still limited to only black output (OK for serials and codes I guess).

Kev

Yes - check out Ebay - you should get listings for inkjet and laser.

A quick search on Ebay Australia came up with http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=lazer+decal+paper&_osacat=1188&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=laser+decal+paper&_sacat=1188 - but they are also listed under crafts etc.. - I reigned that one in to just 'models' IYSWIM?

I bought hundreds of sheets from a company in the States a few year back - but it's not the thinnest...

Advantage with the ALPS thermal wax printers is that they print white - and silver and gold - making them a very, very, usefull tool!

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Iain, would you make decals for other people? I need some for both the Hudson & IL-76/82. Won't be until mid this year though...

Erm - much as I'd love to I'd have to say no at present...

I did do batches of decals for the Panther Skyraider kits - and the 1:35 Horsa by Great North Roads - but printing can take ages and I just don't have the time at present. Add to that and my stock of white is diminishing rapidly (last cassette :() - although I've just found it's available again in the US and New Zealand - so I need to get some ordered.

Sorry Radleigh...

Iain

Edited by 32SIG