Quitting smoking or have you quit?

LSP_Ron

Thanks Nick. Smell and taste....seems I'm just the opposite ! EVERYTHING smells and taste awful. Of course , that may be due to the remaining infection.. And I know its good, but forget the exercise, my breathing isn't that good yet. Still get a little winded at times, at work....Harv

Ah yes, sorry mate, i was forgetting you havent been well.

Another thing i just remembered is that i felt light headed for the first week or two. Perfectly normal, its the extra oxygen in the blood stream.

Keep going mate, i promise you wont regret quitting!

After 20 some odd years of smoking, I flushed my cigarettes down the toilet just under 6 weeks ago (Nov 19th to be precise). I'm using the patch to control the nicotine cravings, and one of those electronic cigarettes (non-nicotine vapour stick) to control the hand/mouth aspects.

Overall, I feel pretty good. I still have days where I think I want a smoke. I probably always will. I still have to make a conscious decision each day that I will not smoke today.

This is my second serious attempt at quitting. The first was eight years ago when I found out my wife was pregnant. She walkd away from her bad habits, and I walked away from mine. Back then, I lasted a little over a year before I said to myself "one won't kill me" and lit up again.

Edited by smithery

Thanks all. Well, day 13 has started. I really cant say its much easier, well maybe some. When I'm at home or with my wife, its not bad at all. Its when I'm by myself or at work thats when it gets iffy........Harv

13 days then your on the home stretch. Your past the point of making it easy to just start smoking again. Just keep telling yourself that you'll always have that nagging feeling now that you could never throw out what you've just been through for the last 13 soon to be 14 days for nothing........ so you continue to not smoke....

I've smoked quite extensively for over 15 years. I quit in a joke to a friend and never had the urge again. I guess I'm lucky.

My taste, smell nor stamina profited by this. Only my wallet. It's all fine. I've lived in Amsterdam for years and have enjoyed all bad fruits, but now it's done. Fine. OK.

I'm on a strict diet of Enamel fumes! :frantic:

15JAN13 will be my 2 year mark of not smoking.

Did it with the E-Cigarette.

Still plenty of times that I would like one, having a garbage day at work, just want to go outside and have one or two.

Fortunately, I haven't really gained any weight in its absence.

Cheers,

Dave