F-84 Thunderjet FINISHED

blackbetty

here is the result (panel lines have been rescribed). in the pics you cant really see it, but i think i have to sand off all the metalizer and start over on the tanks

even though i did polish the plastic there are still seams and scratches visible

38_zpsfec2b3a5.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

Guest Peterpools

Karl

WOW! The results look simply stellar. Totally agree about the best way to proceed is cut off the clear carrier film and don't temp fate with any sealer. The NMF looks brilliant.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

i runied the top side national insignia and have to find another one

i had no luck with the decals for the nose and will have to paint it yellow (along with the geardoors)

40_zps885ab73f.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

Guest Peterpools

Karl

Stellar work on the decals and markings. I feel your pain as I just went through the same with my Spit. Just am amazed at how fantastic the NMF looks - awesome work.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

ken, guy, maru, thanx for dropping in!

most of the parts are on now, i only have to finish the cockpit. the hobby boss rear clear part has a frame with riverts where there should be reinforcing strips, so i carefully sanded these off first. then i started experimenting with white decals strips, but couldnt get them to sit in the right places. also the white decal film was see-through a bit, so i decided to use some self adhesive white plastic foil instead. on the real thing you can also see the strips overlap, so i think this works quite nicely

some more trimming necessary, but its getting there

43_zps7c5f53f1.jpg