Dragon Bf110E Nachtjager

tucohoward

Are you doing just the panel lines in the dark blue preshade, then over spraying everything with thin coats of black ? Flat or gloss ?.............Harv

Harv

Yes pre shade in blue. I always use flat black(actually I use Nato black a lot). Always thin coats. I stay away from glossy paints(personal taste only).

Oliver

Oliver, Thanks. I guess reading all three of these painting techniques is scrambling my mind . I keeps putting them all together. I appreciate you sticking with me on this. Also, tucohoward , sorry for robing your thread......Harv

Oliver, Thanks. I guess reading all three of these painting techniques is scrambling my mind . I keeps putting them all together. I appreciate you sticking with me on this. Also, tucohoward , sorry for robing your thread......

me too so sorry

Oliver

• 3 weeks later...

No problem guys. I am enjoying the discussion on doing a black painted plane. Basically you can do pretty much anything, except paint it black. Also difficult to take pictures of something this large and this dark. Not sure if I can show a true representation of how it looks, but I'll give it a shot.000_0433_zpsddcfbc2d.jpg000_0437_zps771b6633.jpg000_0445_zpsbd287110.jpg000_0435_zpscd26f807.jpg000_0436_zpsd08be7bd.jpg

tucohoward, can't wait to see how you handle the pics. It wil;l help me very much, like all of you have in painting school ! I just love night fighters !........Harv

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out and have really enjoyed the painting and weathering process. Thanks again Ralph. I don't think I would have ever attempted this if I hadn't seen your beautiful 110. Hope your 111 is coming along well.

Jay

Guest Peterpools

Jay

Stunning work on the 110. weathering and finish looks right on the money.

Large models are a tough act to photograph. Using a wide angle lens lets you get in closer but the distortion is something that always bothered mes about that particular perspective. I've found, shooting with a 50 MM

and some good lighting is about the best path and then a bit of cropping in PP will allow you to tighten things up.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

• 3 months later...

Really slacking on this one. Had to go to page 14 to find it. Getting close to done, just the fiddly bits mostly. Stiil haven't figured out how to photograph it. Got a new camera, but haven't figured out how to use that either. Anyhow, here's where I'm at.

Jay000_0495_zpsd992e94e.jpg000_0492_zpse256d197.jpg000_0482_zps680f9281.jpg000_0494_zpsbf90aa7f.jpg000_0493_zps526faa28.jpg000_0491_zps0cc4a6e7.jpg