Dragon Bf110E Nachtjager

tucohoward

Great work so far.

I remembered someone who did a superb paint job on an all-black Beaufighter over on Hyperscale, so I dug it out for you. Maybe you'll find this interesting, I would go that way if/when I do an all-black bird.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1317648699/Black+No+Black+-+BEAUFIGHTER+Update

• 2 weeks later...

Great work so far.

I remembered someone who did a superb paint job on an all-black Beaufighter over on Hyperscale, so I dug it out for you. Maybe you'll find this interesting, I would go that way if/when I do an all-black bird.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1317648699/Black+No+Black+-+BEAUFIGHTER+Update

Thomas, I book marked this and I'm willing to give it a try. Hopefully not to far off now..............Harv

Edited by Guest

Have u try doing some shading work With flat dark blue.

If it was my build I would do a reverse wash of Unbleached titanium. It will lighten your black a bit giving u an extra shading nuance.

Just my two cents.

Please try first on scrap piece of painted plastic

Oliver

Have u try doing some shading work With flat dark blue.

If it was my build I would do a reverse wash of Unbleached titanium. It will lighten your black a bit giving u an extra shading nuance.

Just my two cents.

Please try first on scrap piece of painted plastic

Oliver

Are you suggesting using the titanium for panel colors and then spraying with flat dark blue ? would dark blue be better than Midnight blue ?........Harv

Are you suggesting using the titanium for panel colors and then spraying with flat dark blue ? would dark blue be better than Midnight blue ?........Harv

Hi

Sorry its taking me so long to answer.

Midnite blue would work as well for panel shading,next is to paint black the whole model and start you aging process using white and grey. Once you get the aging you want you do a wash of white unbleached titanium all over you recess lines in the direction of your relative wind. The white titaniun will give an extra wash and faded look since it will discolor your black work a bit more.

Please try out the process on scrap plastic before you apply on your model.

Oliver

Hi

Sorry its taking me so long to answer.

Midnite blue would work as well for panel shading,next is to paint black the whole model and start you aging process using white and grey. Once you get the aging you want you do a wash of white unbleached titanium all over you recess lines in the direction of your relative wind. The white titaniun will give an extra wash and faded look since it will discolor your black work a bit more.

Please try out the process on scrap plastic before you apply on your model.

Oliver

I admit I am a bit confused. After the midnight blue, you over spray with black ??..and were does one get unbleached titanium ?...........Harv

Edited by Guest

I admit I am a bit confused. After the midnight blue, you over spray with black ??..and were does one get unbleached titanium ?...........Harv

Harv, there are oil paint colors called titanium white. That is probably what he is referring to, at least that's as close as I've found. I've got a bottle of it in my drawer right now.

Matt :party0023:

Harv

The dark blue is used for pre shading of panel lines only. Its only to give extra depth to the black.

You can get oil paint in any Art store. I hope this makes sense.

Oliver

Edited by shark64

Oliver, so one might use the blue for a pre-shade first, and then apply the semi-patchy black, then go after it with the white and grey to tone it more. Sounds good. sort of the reverse of what a lot of guys do with navy jets, but giving a similar worn paint finish.