What I would like WNW to produce in 1/32 scale.

ssculptor

Hi Anthony, thanks for the heads-up. These all look wonderful. I would be all over a WNW Tigermoth like moss on a rock.

I do agree with Stephen though. If WNW stray from aeroplanes it would increase lead times in developing other kits. I, too, think they should stick to what they are doing best.

Anthony, SWMBO and i spoke to A2Z models at Telford last November and he hinted at plans to produce an Avro 504K.

Thanks for the intel and images. Much appreciated.

Hi Matt, I would think the D-VIIF is live now. If not, it may be because Rich and Dave were travelling back to Wellington today.

Geedubelyer thanks for that, I reckon Ali would do her justice too. That would be great news indeed! Now lets hope that new mystery kit from him is a Vampire FB-5 :wub:

Cheers

Anthony

Guest Dekenba

I've got a lot of WNW in the stash, including the D.VII - I'm really not tempted to get the D.VII F, I'd rather save my dosh for something a bit, uhm, different from what I already have.

No, Not the WW2 Japanese Val and/or Kate. Those are the wrong war.

I would like to see these aeroplanes from War One.

1) Maurice Farman MF.11 OR The Farman F 40 with the rounded nose

300px-Farman_Shorthorn_MF11.jpg

These early aircraft were used by the French, British, Belgians, Italians, and Australians during the early years of the war, 1914-1916.

The average modeler knows the French Spad and Nieuport fighters but little else from France in WW!. Many more interesting aircraft flew throughout the war and maybe now, thanks to WNW we will get some more French types as models in 1/32 scale.

2) The Avro 504. This aeroplane started as a recon and light bomber by the RFC and the RNS in 1914 and flew combat missions until retired to be trainers in 1915-16. In 1917-18 Many were converted to be single seat fighters and assigned to the Home Defense role. The British continued to fly it as a trainer until the early 1930's. After the war many were sold to private interests and were flown under various color schemes. The aircraft was also used in its many marks through the late 1930's by 50 countries. Think of all the decal sheets that can be made for this airplane!

220px-First_aeroplane_in_Iceland.jpg

I have been selling off all my WW2 prop jobs and later sky suckers (jets) to be able to buy more WW1 aircraft by WNW, Roden and others. I guess I am hooked.

Stephen

I told Richard Alexander, if they came out with a Farman, I hope WnW adds a scale canary to put in the wings, which the mechanics used to determine if a wire was missing. You better have a table strong enough to with stand the weight of all those turnbuckles.

Well, I've read and follow this for a few days and wasn't sure what to add because there are several I'd love to see, but one that I will really like to see in LSP and will build is Felixstowe. I've always like the Roden 1/72 kits but just to darn small for me.

f2a_boxtop.jpg

• 3 months later...

I know its right off topic but I wish Peter Jackson had put his energy into the Operation Jericho story instead of Dambusters. How awesome would be the whole thing including M16, evil Gestapo, the Movie star squadron leader who didn't make it back, brave resistance fighters..the mighty Mossie!!! 487 Squadron...etc etc

Yes to Felixtowe - after they've done the Vimy I (may) have suggested earlier - time-wise it fits nicely with the recently released Snipe and lends itself to a number of conversion possibilities!

Iain

I'm with you Stephen on this one. Since WnWs came out with a post war Snipe, I absolutely go bunkers over a Vickers Vimy. I guess you could call it a WW1 plane, since it did come out just before the end of the War, but saw no action as far as I know.

Halberstadt DII! I'd take two of those right off the bat!

And I want a BE-2c/d/e, danggit. The Quirk was the mainstay of the RFC at one point and no 1/32 kit?!?!?!

Tim W.