What I would like WNW to produce in 1/32 scale.

ssculptor

Y'know, while we are on the topic of WW1 aeroplanes, I think the BE2 C should be included in the WNW stable.

Why? Yes, it was old and slow but being the workhorse of 1915-1916 it deserved its place in 1/32 modeldom. This aircraft was the British maid of all work for that early era and was the victim of the Fokker Scourge when the E-1,II and III's shot them out of the sky in 1915. But they soldiered on taking their photos and doing their reconnaissance and spotting for the artillery. It was the introduction in 1916 of the FE2B and the DH2 that ended the scourge of the Fokkers. According to reports from that era the FE2B was more than a match for the Fokker Eindeckers.

Now we have WNW models of these three aircraft but not the venerable BE2 C.

We could probably also use the Albatros two place observation aircraft of the early BI - III series of 1915 to match their contemporary British BE2C.

Also the French early WW1 observation/bomber aircraft would be a good addition to the WNW line, like the Farman MF.11 Shorthorn or Breguet Br.M5 or Farman F.40 which were contemporarys of the BE2C and Albatros B-I.

All my life the only WW1 aircraft I ever heard of were the single place scouts (fighters). In reality the main function of airplanes in WW1 was recon, observation and bombing. The scouts were mere appendages to the air forces to protect the two place aircraft.

In conclusion, I again say Hooray for WNW. :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor

Wow! I just saw a 1/72 kit of the Gotha UWD 2 engine float bomber. That would be super in 1/32 but I doubt if WNW would produce it as the Germans made and operationally used only one of these in the war.

Yummy!

I wonder if thee are enough parts in the WNW Gotha IV kit that are close enough to the UWD so I can convert the WNW kit to the UWD?

Edited by ssculptor

Hi guys

Well I am at Omaka for the airshow and caught up with Dave at the Wingnuts tent and saw a bunch of new stuff ,coming soon. Can't really remember much of what there was as WWI isn't a biggie for me. However standing there amongst all things Wingnut around me did almost want me to become an avid WWI modeller!!

I do remember a DH-9A late Ninak as well as a late version of Bristol Fighter plus some German stuff that although built stunningly all look the same to me.

I am going back soon so will be more observant for you all

Cheers

Anthony

Hi guys

Well Dave and Richard advised that you guys know about the other kits apart from the 2 I mentioned earlier. They took them out of the cabinets for me to photograph for you. Unfortunately I am unable to get them off my camera and on to the I-Pad.......oh just thought. I should go back today with the I-Pad and take them with this! Duh. Obviously smelt too much Avgas and drank to many beers to think logically yesterday !! I took pics of their other kits in processing as well.

Will report back later if I don't get stuck at the wine sponsors marquee by the flight line testing the fruits of the vine!

Cheers

Anthony

Hey, hold on! I for one am in no big hurry for WNW to some out with more kits. I am five behind now and I cannot afford to buy those, as yet. I do not need another few new releases to bankrupt me. WNW can take their time as far as I am concerned.

Besides I just ordered two Windsock issues that have the earlier and later Gothas as I have hopes to convert WNW's Gotha IV to the UWD 2 float bomber. If, after I get the plans it looks like that is feasible then I'll have to buy another Gotha for the conversion.

No two ways about it I have to get another job to pay for all this.

Back to the grindstone.

Stephen

Ok, we'll I have some news gents. Sunday night NZ time Richard will be hitting the GO button on the D-VIIF especially for you Ron!! On line ordering will be a go. I took a good look and he said to pass on to you fellow LSP ers that it has a new sprue with the BMW IIIa engine and has markings for Ernst Udets bird. There are also aftermarket decal sheets available. I have taken pics of it all on this I-Pad as well as forthcoming releases.

Stay tuned whilst I upload them to Photobucket now.....

Cheers from a sun parched Omaka. But don't worry guys I have been keeping myself re-hydrated with local produce!

Almost picked up a D-VII just for the sake of it but with a new Walrus I thought better of it and how to explain it to my wife when I get back to the campervan!!!

Anthony