Dream come true...finally a 1/32 Tempest V!!

R Palimaka

Mk II is a far better looker IMHO!

Iain

Have to agree that the Mk.II is much sleeker. But there is just something so pugnacious and aggressive about that chin intake that makes me prefer the Sabre-engined variants. That and the fact that the Mk.V had a combat history during the war.

Still though, would likely eventually do a Mk.II as well. I also have a half-dead Hobbycraft Sea Fury in the closet.

Richard

the fact that the Mk.V had a combat history during the war.

Can't argue with that Richard - will have to do a Mk V also :)

It's probably a fairly safe bet that a MkII will follow the MkV, especially with the restoration going on down in New Zealand of the real deal :punk:

Is there? Crikey...

Wanders off to fire up Google :)

Iain

Guess maybe im the only 1................

The Mk II is ok, I like the looks of it, but I have two fb.11s in the stash from FM&P, as well as a built September Fury racer, and a Hobby Crap fury too..................with the builds of the fury on the site atm, I guess Im a bit too saturated with teh mk II and its round cowl. :(

To me the Mk II just looks WAY too close to a Fb.11 fury for my tastes. Mk II definitely doesn't really tickle my pickle in any way...........

Each to their own and everyone's got their opinions, but ive always REALLY been a fan of that massive chin scoop!

But getting to build a real honest to goodness Tempest with that huge intake is going to be awesome!

I'm really not sure how much of a Sea Fury front end you could use. I haven't compared any drawings and I've also not read or heard of any glaring errors with the Matchbox 1/72 Tempest Mk. II/Mk. V, but assuming it's accurate, the Mk. II front end is quite a bit larger than a Sea Fury's.