My first 1/32 airplane. P-40E Warhawk. CANOPI OK!!! 03/10/

MARCELO CAMPOS

Good morning everyone.

Today I'm calmer because last week was a bit complicated for this kit.

First, the problem was with the canopy that after being dipped in a bath of Future. Result: All peçaas the canopy were damaged and I just get lost in all. So I'm using all that I can continue this assembly.

A more recent but no less stressful, and it made me very angry even, was the order of the Model Master paints that did to a colleague in the USA.

All references were used for enamel paints. Everything ok, pagamaneto done, I was still taxed by customs, but when I got home I started unpacking everything: ALL WERE ACRYLIC INKS. From Model Master acrylic but were.

For me it was the culmination of all failures for the same kit!!

I wanted to fire, burn everything, paint, kit, accessories etc ... :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:

But I had to compose myself. I took a deep breath and just accepting the whole situation. Even today I will talk with this my colleague who brokered this transaction, he admitted the mistake in not checking references, and we will find the best solution.

Regarding the P40, he escaped from ashes. I finished painting the inside of him in zinc chromate. Despite not liking the acrylic think the finish was good. Even did some scratch on the fire wall, even a little thing.

Later I will post photos of the progress.

Thankful.

Marcelo

Good evening my friends.

After a week bad for this kit, I have good news today.

First, despite all the setbacks we have had some progress especially in the engine which is complete.

My pilot resin for the diorama is also a little earlier because I've done a wash with oil paint artistic. The Vallejo help but get a little better after the wash.

Also in relation to the pilot saw that they originally possessed a kind of embroidery on the back with a message to the villagers if it were slaughtered. That was good for them to be treated and medicated until resgataods and fly again. I think I can represent these embroideries.

Below are some pictures of the kit and the progress so far.

I want agardecer everyone for the words of encouragement and support.

Now photos!!

p1290036l.jpg

p2150093p.jpg

p2150100.jpg

p2170103.jpg

p2170104.jpg

p2150097.jpg

p2150098.jpg

Before you ask me why the wash motor is so strong I explain: I decided to do a wash over "heavy", because it was a plane crash with an alleged it will be set in a diorama in this direction.

Something like a diorama based on this photo:

curtissp40warhawk2.jpg

Thanks a lot guys.

Marcelo!

I'm thinking of putting a canvas over my top of the P-40 at my dio, if you are doing a diorama then that's a way of getting away with a bad canopy (you still have the pics of what your are doing in the cockpit!)

Just a thought that I'm playing with as I realised that i like painting more than building :hmmm: (or is it the otherway around) :unsure:

Thanks guys.

Paulão good to see you here...But i will post all this building back in your site!!! :coolio:

Bozzarro, this idea is good but i will made a canvas to aply in other location. I hava e great and hard job at the cockpit....

More photos:

p1290034q.jpg

p1290035s.jpg
p2150094.jpg

The problem with the wrong paint is resolved.

Meanwhile I will continue to build this kit. The next step is the correction and detailing the cockpit, finalization of seat belts and other peripherals!

Thanks guys.

Marcelo :piliot:

PS: the pilot isn't finished yet!!!

I lay down a piece of aluminum foil over the area to be covered (this prevents the "tarp" from gluing itself to the model).

Then I mix up a solution of white glue and water (you have to shake it to mix it).

I cut a piece or two of tissue paper (the kind for gifts) and soak it in the solution of glue/water.

Then I drape it over the foiled area and brush on some more of the solution.

Depending on the thickness of the tissue or the desired effect I will drape another piece over it after soaking it as well.

I prefer to cut my pieces a bit over size so I can do some final shaping if needed.

Once dry, I "pop" off the foil and tissue carefully then separate the new tarp from the foil.

Paint and weather to your liking.

Avoid the "recycled" tissue as it simply melts in the glue/water.

Here you can see the tarp still on foil when I made it for a car model:

6827116613_fbc9243de3_z.jpg

And the finished result:

6827127253_b68898eda3_z.jpg

Edited by Shawn M

Marcelo,

What exactly caused the canopy to turn white??

I have experienced canopy dipped in future floor acrylic floor wax and got some alcohol on it and it turned white. This can be fixed with another application of future acrylic floor wax.

Another cause of canopies turning white is the fumes released by cyanacrylate or crazy glue.

Also anothet way to turn a canopy white. AND wrinkly is "hot" clear laquer paint attacking and crazing the actual plastic which melts.

Agreed. If you used CA to attach an un-Futured can-O-pee you will see the fumes turn the clear plastic white.

Id say if you already Futured the canopy and it turned white, Id say try soaking the canopy in Windex window cleaner. The ammonia (IIRC) in it will disolve the Future floor polish, and you can let it soak, then dry, and re-apply the Future.

If the canopy has been exposed to a chemically hot agent and now has wrinkles or distortion, as Fast mentioned, then you are likely S.O.L on it and will need a replacement.