Never Ceases To Amaze Me...Revell 1/32 F-4J On Ebay

K5IKL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140871256538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seller wanting $99.95 ($89.95 now) for the this old Revell kit. I offered her $40.00 and

she countered with $79.95. I said no thanks.

I built this kit back in the 70's when it first came out. It was my very first big scale jet

build and I thought I might get this one just for an old nostalgia build. But, nope not

at that price....I keep it on watch just to see if she will actually get that much for it.

Cheers,

Jerry

Guest Peterpools

Jerry

There is another F4J on eBay with the bid at $9.99. why not take a shot at it. Just set your limit at $40 and see what happens for old times sake.

Good lick on winning

Peter

Jerry

There is another F4J on eBay with the bid at $9.99. why not take a shot at it. Just set your limit at $40 and see what happens for old times sake.

Good lick on winning

Peter

Thanks Peter. That's a new listing that I hadn't spotted yet. Put it on the watch list to see

how it goes. Not like I really need anymore Phantoms though.... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jerry

Some people seem to think that old kits are worth more in the same way as antiques gain value!

This person sells a little bit of everything and my thinking is that she had no idea what to price it

at so she went and looked up other 1/32 F-4J's, saw the prices on the Tamiya kits and bingo

thought $99.95 was an in the ball park price...

Cheers,

Jerry

Guest Dekenba

This person sells a little bit of everything and my thinking is that she had no idea what to price it

at so she went and looked up other 1/32 F-4J's, saw the prices on the Tamiya kits and bingo

thought $99.95 was an in the ball park price...

Cheers,

Jerry

Sounds eminently possible.

I'd leave it mate - no one's going to be stupid enough to pay $100 for that kit. As for contacting them - why bother. Let them keep paying a fee to list it week after week & they'll get the message (hopefully) when no-one bites.

Having said that, there's a guy who keeps listing the 1/32 Scratchbuilders kit of the P-39 week after week at a very high price...

If you want to sell, always start low!

• 2 weeks later...

Or how about the moron on Ebay who continuously lists his 32nd Revell Mirage with MC Atar kit for $229.00 with a buy price of $259.00. And the kit has no box, no decals and is missing some parts. And he keeps listing it over and over for months now. You think he would catch on. Who does he think is going to bid on that loser?

• 2 weeks later...

The price is now $53.99. I bought that kit for my younger brother as a Christmas gift, I think it was 1967. He was 8 and didn't build models. He thought I was stupid. I think it was given away or thrown away when we moved to Texas the next summer.

Edited by Slartibartfast