Albatross W.4 plans?

ChuckT

The Albatros Productions book has some plans, but I have no idea how accurate they may be.

http://www.largescal....php?title=3573

www.bobsairdoc.com lists 50,000 pages of plans of airplanes from the Wright Brothers plane to today's aircraft. I wouild try him first. I have purchased plans from him repeatedly in the past.

I've observed that no plans can be guaranteed to be really accurate. Over the past years this discussion has surfaced on this and other sites and resurfaced and resurfaced ad infinitum and ad nauseam. The best one can do is take what plans we can get and spend at least a day with the real airplane measuring it to see how close the plans conform to the real thing. Al;so it is almost impossible to do this alone. Revell did this with the ju-88 and He-111 kits and I imagine they had a full crew of experienced draftsmen doing the measuring with the aid of laser transits and computers.

I will say, however, that I especially mistrust plans of WW2 aircraft that were published during and soon after the war.There are sources of plans where one can get printed copies made by various publishers. Then one can compare the different plans and try to get a feel for the overall accuracy. But totally accurate I would question.

There are guys who take a new model kit and compare it to plans and render judgements on the accuracy of said kit. But no one ever questions the accuracy of the plans the self appointed accuracy maven used for the comparison.

If you really need a set of accurate plans for your peace of mind you can ask on the forums, like you have just done here, take a consensus of suggestions and buy a set of plans. Even then you will be taking the accuracy on blind faith, nothing more.

Stephen