WNW Hannover CL.II - Say it isn't so!

OldTroll

Guest Peterpools

Who ever thought we would have WNW kit overload abut I am going to have to pass. :crying: Going back to my budget and waiting for either the Curtiss P-6E or Fisher PT-22 and that's it for this year.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Ahh! This is killing me! Between about $500 more in Wingnut kits, the He219, and a bunch others, I'm chomping at the bit. I have to be good and save my money so I can finish the body/paint on my '69 vette.....

It used to look like this until some idiot Georgia driver couldn't grasp the physics concept that two solid objects can't occupy the same place at the same time. It's turned into a full strip/body work/paint job.

IMG_20111018_173507.jpg

But right now, it looks like this.....

20121129_153645_resized.jpg

Edited by csavaglio

Guest Dekenba

Agh!

Bloody hell bell's, I wish WNW would spread their releases out a bit more smoothly over the course of the year!

Never mind, I'll just have to work a bit harder in January & stick a few more WWII 1/32's onto EBay......

I know what it is, its a plot to ruin the lives of aircraft modelers. First they take all our money and while doing so destroy the harmonious life of the married folk. From the 1970's to about 2000 we would get maybe one new 1/32 kit every third year.

Then the new millennium hit us and these new kits started arriving at an ever increasing rate until they are raining on us like a monsoon.

I thought the recession was bad, but this is really finishing us off. :fight:

It's a fiendish plot I tells ye! A plot! :wicked:

Next thing you know we will be seeing 1/32 scale 4 engine bomber kits on the market.

The other day I was having lunch with my favorite model dealer, Oswald Beelzebub and he intimated that there are indeed dark forces behind all this. We are really in for it now. :frantic:

We will end up owing our souls to the model industry, just like in the old song by Tennessee Ernie Ford:

This song came out in 1956. That is how I feel now. :DodgeBall:

Stephen

I say bring it on. I was thinking about possibly building a few more modern kits, but am securely in the pre-WWII era. Silver Wings and Wingnut Wings are my "precious". Who would believe we could see a Hannover CL.II in 1/32? or a Salmson? Next thing we know, we could see a P-6E and maybe a Shrike? or a Breguet 14?

Who needs those things with propellers on the inside? (Well, I do like those Aggressors or Diana on the F-16). And then there's that B-17 and ....

Tnarg

Edited by Tnarg

Just ordered one. Am I looking at the instructions and decals wrong (I am on the road and can't get a good conncetion), or will the large lozenge camouflge on the fuselage have to be hand painted?

Yes it will. The pattern looks bigger than the wings and the history given by WNW for the Hannover on the website say the fuselage lozenge was hand painted before being oversprayed in various blues/greens. Happy masking! I ordered mine before spotting this but in all honesty it would not have made any difference and I like a challenge.

Andrew

Just ordered one. Am I looking at the instructions and decals wrong (I am on the road and can't get a good conncetion), or will the large lozenge camouflge on the fuselage have to be hand painted?

It is hard to tell by the photos on their site, but I'm getting so lozenge nutz that I think I'll paint my van in their lozenge pattern. Or maybe my car. No kidding, I once painted a car in 4 color shadow camouflage and I drove it around Chicago for a year. It was a 1957 Chrysler Imperial with the giant fins that appeared that year. I used in in an underground movie in 1965. I colored flat concrete paint and covered it with that, I also painted all the chrome, the tires, etc. It was a thing of beauty and a joy forever (well, it was old and I junked it when I moved out of town in 1966).

Stephen

Not sure if this is what people are talking about in terms of painting lozenge patterns on the fuselage sides...but the clearly defined smaller lozenge pattern at the tail of most of the offered iterations is in fact a series of decals.

There is really only 1 scheme (the 4th listed) that has a large lozenge pattern on the side, and that does look like it would need to be painted.

This is avoided by building one of the other 4 schemes, all of which have more free-form airbrushed camo work on the fuselage, or the last one, the light blue one, which is more or less a solid color anyway.

I am still trying to figure out which DVII to get, and then they hit me with this! And I stil fancy the DH2, Albatros, and the Roland DVI as well!

HELP :please:

Schemes A, B, C and D all employ the hand-painted polygons for the plywood fuselage and wing center section. In the case of schemes A, B and C most of the fuselage is oversprayed such that the underlying painted polygons may or may not still be visible to some degree. Each of those schemes use a multi-colored "paint drop" as the color key with the individual colors defined alongside. Those schemes are certainly going to be challenging! I am looking forward to try one of those schemes since I do not use an airbrush; challenging indeed!

Edited by OldTroll

Schemes A, B, C and D all employ the hand-painted polygons for the plywood fuselage and wing center section. In the case of schemes A, B and C most of the fuselage is oversprayed such that the underlying painted polygons may or may not still be visible to some degree. Each of those schemes use a multi-colored "paint drop" as the color key with the individual colors defined alongside. Those schemes are certainly going to be challenging! I am looking forward to try one of those schemes since I do not use an airbrush; challenging indeed!

Right, four of the five schemes depicted require painting areas of the fuselage, as well as areas of the top and bottom wings with a larger lozenge pattern that decals are not supplied for.