New Group Build

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

OK, so are we going to have a new Great War Group Build? Could be specific to one type of aircraft, say a Fokker D.VII or maybe a particular country or even a specific kit manufacturer; WNW.

Peter

Well the fallen comrades GB ends next month. We did have our multi-wing GB last year though.

Brian/Lou, what do you guys think?

With all the WNW chatter going on, it might be good timing.

Id say pretty good darn Ideeer! Id even be in or switch my DH-2 to the GB if it suits it, considering Im barely less than 5% or so along...................but what perimeters?

Id say keeping with the LSP idea of getting/keeping the GBs more open to allow for more entries, would be a good policy. Id hate to eliminate anyone building a WWI Brit subject because we limted our GB to only say Germanic or Fokker types............

So, to that end, Id think a more open-ended WWI GB might be in order, encompassing all WWI ara planes no matter of 1:1 manuf or kit manuf?

- The Great War

- Strings-Wings-N-Things

- LSPs Dawn Patrol

Or a variation on the above......................Im game for whatever, but I really like some variation on the "Dawn Patrol" theme.............

Guest Peterpools

Hi Guys

My original suggestion for the GB would be strictly for Great War Aircraft. I was a bit wishy washy about the parameters but thinking about it, it should be pretty open.

Basic rules:

Theme

1. Any aircraft that FLEW in the Great War

2. Aircraft must have the markings of any combatant nation during the war

3. Aircraft designed during the war but too late for combat are NOT eligible

Models

1. ANY 1/32 scale model from ANY kit manufacturer

2. Lets have two basic categories:

OOB ... Strictly Out of the Box ... no additions or changes except decals and paint schemes, otherwise, built straight from the box

Enhanced .... Detailing, kit modifications, any additions, changes to your hearts content

Any and all changes you want to do

Starting and finishing dates to be determined.

Models can't be started until the actual start date with the usual whats in the box photos, showing the actual start date.

My whole idea is to keep the GB open to everyone by having both categories and more then one entry per category IS

PERMITTED and encouraged!

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Hi Guys

My original suggestion for the GB would be strictly for Great War Aircraft. I was a bit wishy washy about the parameters but thinking about it, it should be pretty open.

Basic rules:

Theme

1. Any aircraft that FLEW in the Great War

2. Aircraft must have the markings of any combatant nation during the war

3. Aircraft designed during the war but too late for combat are NOT eligible

Models

1. ANY 1/32 scale model from ANY kit manufacturer

2. Lets have two basic categories:

OOB ... Strictly Out of the Box ... no additions or changes except decals and paint schemes, otherwise, built straight from the box

Enhanced .... Detailing, kit modifications, any additions, changes to your hearts content

Any and all changes you want to do

Starting and finishing dates to be determined.

Models can't be started until the actual start date with the usual whats in the box photos, showing the actual start date.

My whole idea is to keep the GB open to everyone by having both categories and more then one entry per category IS

PERMITTED and encouraged!

Peter

Some good Idea(s) there Peter, but I might suggest 1 change, in that since LSP GBs seem some what limited from the jump, Im thinking it might be wiser to keep a single GB category with anything allowed, OOB or modified.

Since there really isnt that much AM for any of the WWI kits out there (not that theres that many that even really need it) I think it would be a better Idea, as long as its a combat WWI subject, to let peeps build theirs OOB or modified.

Mods, what do you think? Ideas?

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Sounds good to me. My list are really suggestions and I guess the Mods make the final decisions. Just falling in love with the Great War Aircraft all over again and in model form for the first time.

Peter

Just falling in love with the Great War Aircraft all over again and in model form for the first time.

Me too!

We'll see what the mods say or have for Ideas..........

I still like a "Dawn Patrol" type theme.................................the Dawn Patrol WWI game was great, and the title just seems to bring up/harken back to images of steely worriers climbing into their wood and fabric combat ships before sun rises............not knowing if they would come back.............dueling to the death.

:piliot:

I wonder if a Polish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Finnish, Swedish or other post WWI smaller air force use of a WWI era kit would qualify? I feel the pull from those almost more than the ones in the original conflict. There are just too many interesting alternatives.

Tnarg

Guest Nigelr32

Would the WNW Gotha be eligible?

In fact...

Why doesn't someone "In the know" list which WNW kits would not be eligible for this GB? I say this because I just looked at the Se5a kit, and noticed the schemes in the kit are all 1918, so will they be eligible?

Edited by Nigelr32