1, 1, 1/2 or 3? :)

jacksdad64

After having decided to have a break from another modelling forum, for various reasons and having mis-placed my modelling mojo I have decided that I need to get back on the plastic horse.

So, I have a few projects I have in mind and I have narrowed it down to four. As I can't seem to make my mind up I will put it your hands and whichever one gets the most votes I will build by way of an introduction to LSP.

So here are the four contenders:-

1/24 FRS.1 Sea Harrier. Using the Airfix kit and some of Heritages resin in 899 NAS 'Winged Fist' markings.

1/24 Harrier GR.1. Using the Airfix kit and Flightpath etch/resin/white metal in old school camo.

1/32 SBD 1/2 Dauntless. Using the Trumpeter kit and AM decals for a yellow wing pre-war aircraft and foiled fuselage.

1/32 Tornado F.3. Using the Revell kit, Heritage F.3 conversion, Avionix cockpit and custom masks from AdAstra for the Firebirds Anniversary F.3 with the flaming tail.

So, over to you guys. I plan to start the kit in a week or two which should be long enough for a vote or two.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

If you could get decals for "Beech Buggy" or "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the Harrier, that would be pretty cool. They were in Belize when Guatemala threatened war (with T-33's) in about 1976. That would be an interesting subject.

On the other hand Yellow Wings are just too amazingly, so the Dauntless would be my choice.

Tnarg

Go Dauntless, one of Trumpy's best kits and Yellow Wings has great decals. I think it would be a much more enjoyable build.

I will second that vote, and I have used the Yellow Wings decals for Operation Torch, very very nice decals

I had a builder's block a few years ago and the Trumpy SBD 1/2 pulled me through it. No foil needed. The fuselage was painted with Aluminum. For a prewar, yellow wing aircraft, cut off the armor plate above the pilots seat and paint the interior aluminum. This is a great kit, simple build and Jack will like the colors.

Hi Steve, nice to see you here on LSP, welcome aboard.

You'll soon realise that jet builders are in the minority here so to redress the balance, I vote for any kerosene burner :evil_laugh:

To be a little more helpful, go with the Tornado. That scheme looks cool.

Cheers. :innocent: