WNW Fokker D.VII is out!!

seiran01

Okay, just ordered a Fokker D.VII (FOK) and decals for Lothar von Richthofen's bird. Must pace myself. Must breathe, must breathe.

It is most welcome news, but couldn't have happened at a worse time for me. Many months of being out of work have seriously depleted my resources, but I'll be ordering at least one anyway.

May I ask how many of you WW1 nuts - I'm one - are moving wholesale into WNW land at the expense of WWII and older stuff?

Ive not moved completely out of WWII and jets thanks to wingnut but what used to be a large post-1940 kit stash is now 10 WNW, a few 132 p51/b25/he219 type aircraft, and some fisher resin kits

May I ask how many of you WW1 nuts - I'm one - are moving wholesale into WNW land at the expense of WWII and older stuff?

I still have plenty of Roden stuff (trying to finish up their SSD3 right now even) I still plan on building plus WW2 and some modern to boot.

I have switched totally to 1/32 though and that helps a little with the stash (still have some 1/48 to get rid of but not much)

Just ordered myself a D.VII (FOK) but am holding on the decals until I see what's available in the first part of the new year. Have to limit myself to just one at this time as the finances still aren't what they should be (read as still unemployed for over going on 15 months.... It's a tough market out there, even with 25 years of aviation experience and an MBA).

Edited by TimC

Guest Peterpools

Yup, really been bitten by the Great War bug pretty bad, with lots to learn; even at my tender age of 65! :mental:

Without sounding too pathetic, what is the basic differences between the three WNW Fokker's, other then they were made by three different companies? :hmmm:

I'm getting ready to place my order and am not sure which to buy. I would have ordered all three but I just placed a WNW order last week and I'm already over my model budget for the month, including December.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Me! Me! Me! :frantic:

In fact, I have been selling off my unbuilt WW2 kits so I can buy more WW1 kits. That visit the other year to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Eastern New York State really turned my head. They have a fantastic collection of actual WW1 aeroplanes. That ride in the open cockpit biplane was a real eyeopener. :piliot:

Stephen

Until I discovered WNW I little or no interest in WW I aircraft, but now I'm a dedicated convert, and it looks like I have plenty of company. After reading the book "Goshawk Squadron" (one of the best works of fiction about WW I aviation out there), I decided I had to have an SE.5a "Hisso". Once I saw this kit, I was hooked, had to have more, and have been adding about one a month to my stash. I still like WW II, but WNW kits are about as close to perfection as it's possible to get. Super accurate, highly detailed, and they practically snap together. For a quick, relaxing, and highly satisfying build, you can't beat them. WNW managed to strike just the right chord with these little gems in every way.

Jerry Peterson

Wonder how many they sold in the first 24 hours? Picked up 4 and one of the decal sheets myself.

Think this will be the fastest selling WNW kit?

I was wondering that too, I count 29 sold just in this thread so I would guess a few hundred in the last day overall? Dave J's probably a little tired about now!