"Fuhrungsmachine" Junkers Ju88-H4 / Fw190A8 Mistel

elric

Hi Willi,

yes I know about the explosive bolts, the U/C legs though didn't just go into the fuselage did they, must have been on some sort of a plate I would have thought?.

What I have read says that the H4 had two large fuel tanks of 900 litres one on each inner wing close to the fuselage.

Bob.

Hi Radders,

If all goes well, & I manage to pull it off, I will have masters of the bulbus Fug 200 Hohentwiel search radar nose & the FW190 Doppelreiter top wing fuel tanks, maybe Aims Models might be interested in using them?, I have a long way to go yet & will take my time as I am no expert on this sort of thing, as some of you might know I build Spitfires & Race planes.

Although it is not my 1st Mistel I have built 2 others in the last 5-7 years both in 1/32 of course.

Bob.

Those are nice Mistle I just have two in 148th and a1/72 Arado 234 C with E-377 bomb (mistel 6) built .I still have the two 48 Special Models to build ,one with the Me 262 and one with the Arado in 1/48th . I wish I had the room for those big 1/32nd scale projects ! All the cool detail you can add .

Willi

Hi Radders,

If all goes well, & I manage to pull it off, I will have masters of the bulbus Fug 200 Hohentwiel search radar nose & the FW190 Doppelreiter top wing fuel tanks, maybe Aims Models might be interested in using them?, I have a long way to go yet & will take my time as I am no expert on this sort of thing, as some of you might know I build Spitfires & Race planes.

Although it is not my 1st Mistel I have built 2 others in the last 5-7 years both in 1/32 of course.

Bob.

Hi Bob, I did once have the Revell Ju-88 to do this conversion but due to lack of work I sold all my large kits so it never got built! Needless to say it's never left my mind and seeing this really makes me want to try and tackle it. I look forward to the updates!

Still waiting for some bits to arrive before starting to put anything together or paint, so lets look at what I have.

Main kit is of course the Revell 1/32 Ju 88A-1.

DSCF1662640x415.jpg

The Resin & etch from Aims,thanks to Paster John for they come from 3 of his conversions. his H1 conv, S-3C conv & G6.

DSCF1619640x422.jpg

The cockpit is great so are the engines,

DSCF1632640x480.jpg

DSCF1625640x621.jpg

DSCF1622636x640.jpg

more to come.

Edited by elric

The underside gun pod I will be using comes from the G6 conv. & the 151 guns are by MDC,

DSCF1640640x489.jpg

The bomb/fuel tank racks are also MDC

DSCF1660640x621.jpg

The Fw190-A8 model I will be using is an old Hales/Hasegawa kit,

DSCF1659640x431.jpg

With the Verlinden detail set for cockpit, guns & engine.

DSCF1661534x640.jpg

more on its way.

Cutting the fuselage on the nearest panel line behind the wing root, to be able to insert the extra length of resin fuselage that is slightly longer than just one peice, so having to join 1+ 1/3rd of the part supplied.

DSCF1657640x480.jpg

And the same at the front, the 1st panel line is the cut line,I will discard the cockpit fuselage parts from the kit as using the very nice resin parts from Aims.Inbetween this & the cockpit will go another fuelage extension.

DSCF1658640x500.jpg

Already put the rear tail extensions on

DSCF1653640x635.jpg

Just had to glue something together.

The Bulbus radar nose that holds the Fug 200 dish am making the master from Fimo, I find it less messy than milliput. To harden it just bakes in the oven for 30mins. [ ruff cast at the moment].

DSCF1654640x391.jpg

Last piece for today, the master for the over wing fuel tanks [Doppelreiter] on the Fw190 made from chemi wood.

DSCF1646640x367.jpg

Bob.

Edited by elric

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Its been a few weeks since I posted anything on this had so much other bits and pieces to do.have managed to put the rear extension together, had to use a lot of filler as where the rear section is cut away over the wing is flatened and tapers of to the rear fuselage. Now I have put the extention in the flatness is in the wrong place, so has to be filled and where the extention fits near to the rear of the wing will have to be thinned. Put some base paint on so it looks nicer + can see any uneven areas I might have missed out.

DSCF1671640x480_zps2d2430c5.jpg

DSCF1670640x480_zps335394e4.jpg

DSCF1672640x480_zps11b2e87a.jpg

DSCF1674640x480_zpsc4ea1d6c.jpg

Done the same with the forward extention,also managed to put a few items in the cockpit.

Bob.

Edited by elric

What could be better than a Mistel if you are doing these planes? (and this is the biggest one).

I am definitely interested in watching your progress. Thanks for posting your work.

Tnarg