Kanonenvogel Stuka--Finished!

Uncarina

Thanks for the comments everyone! Nigel, I confess I've been sidetracked by WNW! I finished the W.29 and am ~90% complete with the SE. 5a. I'm also waiting to find good reference pics for my Stuka showing the white wavy line camouflage overspray.

Happy Holidays,

Tom

Edited by Uncarina

• 3 years later...

I've resurrected this build in my quest to empty the shelves of doom! I stopped the build after it fell off a bookcase and broke the wings off--my fault! Now I've managed to reassemble it and am almost back where I was before the impromptu flight. Pics soon!

Cheers, Tom

I managed to get some work done on this build. I scratchbuilt the shell ejection chutes for the cannon (the kit provides a solid piece of plastic), added a primer coat, then sprayed the RLM 65 and 71. Tomorrow, after I tend to my wife for Mother's Day, I might have time to cut out the masks and paint the RLM 70. After that, markings, and the winter coat. It sure is nice to see this build take shape.

Cheers, Tom

DSC02716_zpsok1vbilt.jpg

DSC02714_zpsztpruelu.jpg

DSC02711_zpswpxvtztn.jpg

DSC02708_zpszysrvxqj.jpg

The unspatted MLG looks really cool. Nice to see some color on 'er.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, thanks!

I was wondering why this topic suddenly reappeared on my notifications. Nice to see you back at it! She's looking good.

Regards,

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for checking in, and for your comment! Yes...it was in the hanger of doom for far too long.

Cheers, Tom

Alan, I'm still looking for a set. Are they still around and who has them? Tom, very happy to see this back buddy....Harv

Andy,

Thank you! I haven't yet glued the barrels for ease of painting, but they sure help define the look of this beast. Hasegawa helpfully provides 1/32 templates for masking over rhe RLM 71, so I plan to attach them to contact paper and cut the shapes later today.

Cheers, Tom

As I mentioned, Hasegawa provides 1/32 templates:

DSC02719_zpskljsbftk.jpg

...which were used to cut the masks:

DSC02720_zpssvxigb5d.jpg

So I managed to complete the camouflage and even the yellow theater markings (I do not like painting yellow--it goes where you don't want it, and is tricky to spray evenly where you do want it, even over paint). In any case, I am pleased so far. Now I will focus on applying the markings, painting the canopy, and working on the winter coat.

Cheers,

Tom

DSC02729_zpsiom5scpz.jpg

DSC02734_zpssm04kppw.jpg

DSC02737_zps0xvnuqgz.jpg

DSC02738_zpsfj99ifvj.jpg