Kanonenvogel Stuka--Finished!

Uncarina

Kev,

Thanks for asking. I haven't read anything wrong with the shape, but the Voyager spinner has a little more refinement in detail, including rivets, and I was too lazy to make them. I would recommend against the Voyager prop blades, however, so if you opt to go this route I'd recommend getting only the spinner (unlike me).

Cheers,

Tom

Kev,

Thanks for asking. I haven't read anything wrong with the shape, but the Voyager spinner has a little more refinement in detail, including rivets, and I was too lazy to make them. I would recommend against the Voyager prop blades, however, so if you opt to go this route I'd recommend getting only the spinner (unlike me).

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom. I'd heard that the Voyager blades were basically just direct copies of the kit parts. Doesn't really solve their issues much, eh?

Kev

Another update. Kev, here's a pic comparing the kit spinner with the Voyager offering:

IMG_7611.jpg

Meanwhile, I realized that when I added the instrument panel, the clearance was tight enough against the sidewalls that the right sidewall gauges popped off and disappeared. Time for scratchbuilding!

IMG_7601.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

I matched the blue with the other gauges by adding white oil paint to Model Master RLM 24 enamel.

I started work on the Kannons as well:

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7620.jpg

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Thanks, everyone! Harv, I used the Eduard interior set but held off on the exterior set. Next I'll have to scratchbuild the shell ejection chutes and add some odds and ends. Looking forward to adding some paint!

Cheers,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...