Su-25 in Chechnya

Zero77

Guest Nigelr32

Wow, this thread has turned into a great reference on the Su-25.

Your build is astonishing, i love the muzzle work and detail on the Canopy. Thanks for posting all the reference pics.

Those beautiful pitot tubes are made by Su-Semi. As you said they are available from Ebay and arrived for me very quickly and well packaged. I have the single and twin seat versions in my stash, it looks like I can go to town with the weathering on them!!

Please keep this wonderful thread bursting with interesting pics and info.

Hmmm - I have a kit on the way as a Christmas prezzie from my wife - this aeroplane looks so tempting as a subject...

Have found a few other images - but all showing Port side - anyone got any images of the Starboard side/upper surface?

Thanks for posting!

Iain

Here it is !

068329.jpg

Zero77 , nice work. I have to draw attention to the one error on your model.The Su-25 when flaps extended are extended the slots and the horizontal tailplane. And have only three positions.

For flying img036_zpsc38e96fb.jpg

for flight maneuvers slots -6 °, flaps -10 °, horizontal tailplane -1.57 ° Slovak-Su-25-by-RollStop-2_zps26bbaed8.jpg

take-off and landing slots -12 °, the inner flaps 40 °, external -35 ° and the horizontal tailplane -6 12 °

FN-460-04-SlovakSu-25Malacky-23-08-_zps4f9d47cf.jpg

Tmp79_zps76fbbeb7.jpg

The plane that is not notified.

Harvy

Arf... No luck !

I believed flaps and slats were independants. But they are not. That's a pity, but it is too late for me, everything is glued.

I had seen that while on the ground flaps and slats were always retracted, so i firstly wanted to build it in this retracted configuration. But the kit flaps are way too thick compared to the thickness of the wing, so it made a kind of step that was not very beautiful. For that reason I decided to make them extended.

Is there any way that only the flaps would be extended while the slots are retracted, for maintenance or repair?

Same thing for the gear traps, is there any way that they are open? Because i find it more beautiful when one can see inside the bays.

(One of my engine doors will certainly be open, so the maintenance configuration could be quite coherent)

Edited by Zero77

Practically it is impossible. Slats, flaps and stabilizer controls one hydraulic valve BU-185U in picture number 40 and 41 At each position, are secured locks.

Obraacutezok213_zpscde4df25.jpg

Theoretically, it could be flaps only, but it would have to be extended, disconnect hydraulic cylinders, and again retracted the remainder.

Tmp79a_zps0dc860e7.jpg

ALL OTHER covers they can open independently. Covers main landing gear with detention? positions 6 and 11

Obraacutezok215_zpsa37eaa86.jpg

IMGP4725_zpsa7587836.jpg

IMGP4723_zps61c6c732.jpg

the front cover detention 12

Obraacutezok218_zps477d0c8e.jpg

a view of the engine cowling

left

IMGP4689_zpsa0e1ab6f.jpg

right with armor

IMGP4702_zps48e95a3d.jpg