Unofficial WNW poll

SWApilot

I am just wondering if anyone else feels the same way that I do about the WNW Fokker D.VII release. It seems to be very high on a lot of peoples dream list from WNW. The WNW website states that 30 November is the cutoff date to get packages to "Rest of World". So, I have a funny feeling we will see the D.VII released in very limited numbers before 30 November. Sort of like they did with the Ninak a few years ago, sell out a limited stock before Christmas, then sell even more after they open after the holidays. So in a very unscientific poll, who thinks it will be a limited release before 30 November and who feels it will be a mass release after the New Year?

I think we'll see it released before the end of the year but probably not before end of the month. . I do know that WNW will not release it until they're confident everything is perfect so I'll wait somewhat patiently for a few more weeks :)

Edited by seiran01

After reading the Datafile Anthology, I've decided that WNW should take the time to winkle out the details, and then release the kit. The early version built-up sure looks good.

Darren, the Roden Tripe is a nice kit, and builds up well, with pretty good detail. If WNW does this kit, the decals would be better, the instructions classic, and the kit would be better, but not by a heck of a lot. I've gotten rid of my other Roden kits, but not my tripe; I'd really like to see a WNW SPAD 13!

I'm in no hurry. Eventually WNW will release the D.VII and I'll get one. No big deal.

Yes, I'd like the Fokker D.VII and the D.VIII and I'll buy them when they appear on the market.

What I like are the previously ignored one and two seat aircraft that flew during WW1. Those excite me.

Anyway, I still have to get the Nieuport 27 by another manufacturer. So I am in no hurry.

Stephen

I really have no idea, but if the money allows, I'll buy a couple whenever they're released. I don't really need it for Christmas, or any other deadline for that matter, so I'll be content whenever I finally do get them. I am hoping to have one finished by next September though, no matter what, (assuming they do become available in the next few months).

Guest Peterpools

Hanging in there and waiting for the release. Looks like it will be after the Thanksgiving Holiday or maybe even after Christmas.

Peter

I've lost some of my original optimism. Seems to me like I remember it was announced as an October 2010 release, and I've been patiently waiting ever since.

You have been waiting for only two years?

I've been waiting for 8 years for Craftworks 1/32 Val to hit the market.

I've been waiting 6 years for the Trumpeter 1/32 Devastator to be released.

Waiting is our lot in life.

Stephen

I think we may be in for a stretched out Fokker D.VII release. Given that we have three manufacturers (Fokker, OAW and Albatros) and two engines (Mercedes and BMW) and distinct differences in early/mid/late production from each manufacturer I can see at least six different model numbers being released. I do think we will see some in time for Christmas, though...perhaps right after the Sopwith Snipe!

Edited by OldTroll